Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FFP Important Update
09-10-2014, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 12:29 PM by Old Dwarf.)
FFP Important Update
Here's is the most important Info:

"Pledge Manager!!!

After months of planning and preparation, the Pledge Manager will launch later this week! We have a few changes from the original Kickstarter page and lots of new surprises in store! The changes are based on the evolution of the game since we did the Kickstarter last year. We were always careful to make things fair when any changes were needed. For example, the biggest change needed was for an early Stretch Goal ($140K) - giving an extra copy of the standard room tiles and passage tiles. At the time, we thought that it might be interesting to have extras for players to make pre-fixed mine boards. As the game developed more, that stretch goal became less interesting and not very useful. At the same time, we realized that we really should have had a set of "Frontier Bandit" enemies for use in the Frontier Town Expansion (and in the mines). So, we decided to drop the useless extra passages and standard rooms and replace them with a brand new set of Frontier Bandit enemies! We are confident that Backers would prefer getting more NEW content over duplicate components.

We also added some new items to the Pledge Manager, including a few of the items that were close, but not quite unlocked by the end of the Kickstarter. There are even a few brand new items that were developed after the close of the Kickstarter! It should be very exciting and we can't wait to go live with the Pledge Manager!"

Frontier Bandit enemies! are these miniatures or counters? Also
none of the GenCon box content review had any reference to them,
in fact I thought they showed the extra duplicate Tiles(not sure
about this).

The few extra items must be Trederran Mutants,Tribal Ghost Warriors & Thrun Hunters. I doubt the Belly of the Beast &
Ghost train are included(love to be wrong).I guess these will be extra Add-ons now rather than Stretch goals so probably
an extra cost to get. New items we've seen the corpse pile so I guess there's more.

Man my $75 credit is going fast!

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: FFP Important Update
Considering they said they'd be things we could fight in the expanded town, or in the mines, I have no reason to doubt the Frontier Bandits are full miniatures. (And no, none of the GenCon box reviews showed duplicate tiles.)

I'm really hoping for the Mutants, Trun, and the Ghost Warriors. They've sadly already said that Belly of the Beast and Hell Train are beyond the scope of the Kickstarter at this point, so no. But they'll get to them sooner or later, I'm sure.
09-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks Gavin- God this Game is massive ! I'll need to live at least as old as my Father(94) to process it all.
(Dad & his Girl Friend are hitting the Mexican Rivera in Nov. & I'm getting SoB, it's a strange world.)

OD

09-10-2014, 07:37 PM
resurrecting my account here just to say how excited I am!
09-10-2014, 07:58 PM
(09-10-2014 07:37 PM)Raynor Wrote:  resurrecting my account here just to say how excited I am!

Welcome back Raynor, it has been awhile.

OD

09-10-2014, 09:18 PM
The news that the Trederran Mutants, Tribal Ghost Warriors, and Thrun Hunters possibly being in the add-ons has made me reevaluate my pledge manager purchases. We'll have to see what the prices for whatever ends up being in the final add-on list, but now I think I'm moving away from pimping out the game with custom dice and darkstone, and moving towards a minimalist approach to maximizing new content (of course, at this point the term "minimalist" doesn't really apply to how much I'm getting with this game).

Now I'm thinking my Pledge Manager picks will be:

The lowest card sets for Gear and Artifacts, Encounters (skipping over the listed Otherworld Encounters cards), Enemy Threat, and Darkness cards - I'm using the blank card numbering system for creating custom content, and from the looks of a typical mission, these cards should more than cover anything I would need to have a full set of encounters and whatnot for a totally custom mission, and it will double any decks that I simply add custom events to for an existing mission.

1 Bear - to provide shape shifting abilities to a second Shaman.

The rest I'll apply to the new add-on content. That's a pretty spare list right now, but I'm sure the new stuff will eat away at the remaining credit quickly.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Well I've resigned myself to throwing some more $ into the Pit as I expect as most do that the
added stuff will be the Trederran Mutants, Tribal Ghost Warriors, and Thrun Hunters which I would want.
The Body Pile I think I'll pass but they also mention they are adding some other stuff they came up with
after the KS closed.

I had planned to use my $75 Credit for the 2 paint sets & an extra set doors so as I still want them I'll need
to dig deeper.

OD

09-10-2014, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 10:17 PM by Odie.)
(09-10-2014 09:44 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Well I've resigned myself to throwing some more $ into the Pit as I expect as most do that the
added stuff will be the Trederran Mutants, Tribal Ghost Warriors, and Thrun Hunters which I would want.
The Body Pile I think I'll pass but they also mention they are adding some other stuff they came up with
after the KS closed.

I had planned to use my $75 Credit for the 2 paint sets & an extra set doors so as I still want them I'll need
to dig deeper.

OD

Oh, I'm sure that I'll have to put in more cash at some point depending on what new stuff they come up with, as I'm sure the credit won't cover everything I'll want, but the farther I can make that credit stretch, all the better.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome back Watchmen02

For me the paint sets really come first, even above the extra content. I'm fortunate to have dipped a tentative toe into the world of wargame miniatures over the spring by trying out Malifaux. Malifaux was an all right game and I'll probably come back for more at some point, but the biggest thing I took away from the experience was the surprise discovery that I actually really enjoyed the assembling and painting process. It was what I was dreading most and actually found that the final product of all that attention to detail is actually very rewarding, especially if you get to play games with the finished pieces.

Needless to say. I am really really psyched with the extent to which you will be able to customize this game. It is going to look so gorgeous when done, and each set will be its own little art project too!

I think my biggest conundrum will be the dice. Sure they look very very pretty but will they really be worth the investment when you have so many other options to pick through. Doesn't flying frog know that I signed up at minecart because I didn't want to make these choices!!! Just give me everything!!! arg. Now I have to make the decision all over again on how far to go with this mother of all board game purchases.

I have a problem with storage with my other Flying Frog games already. I don't even know where to begin in preparing to find a storage solution for this game.
09-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Same boat Raynor, I really need the paints as my GW paints are about exhausted & the
SoB offered paint sets are are real good bargain & will save me the time & effort of
trying to go pot by pot to select the necessary paints as I would need to do on the GW or
Ripper web sites.

I figured I could pass on the dice but we'll have to see what the PM holds, I have some Gift Cards
with odd amounts so I may be able to pick up some of the cool goodies that you don't really need
to play the game.

I enjoy the assembly & painting it's a big part of the Hobby for me & the MC has something like 300
figures & even though we'll get them in a couple of waves it will still be a Hell of a backlog.

My wife & I had plans to sell out & get a smaller place but I may need to change plans & stay
so I'll have room to store SoB.

OD