Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FFP Kickstarter!
08-23-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: FFP Kickstarter!
'weird' style west can be fun.

have you ever played savage world weird west?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2013, 10:49 PM
(08-23-2013 08:27 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(08-23-2013 07:58 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I'll wait & see before any hard decisions, but I can't shake the feeling FFP & I are drifting apart...Insane19

Why so with three FANG expansions and BITF imminent for your enjoyment?

Just in terms of the new projects being anounced: first a deck builder & now a Kickstarter project, both of which I'm pretty apathetic towards.

(08-23-2013 09:49 PM)soundguy Wrote:  'weird' style west can be fun.

have you ever played savage world weird west?

Nah. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the western genre, so I'm just not interested in horror/steampunk etc mash-up's I'm afraid.

Like I said, I'll give this one a further look, but at the moment I have no interest.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
08-23-2013, 10:53 PM
it's deffinately not steampunk...
08-24-2013, 03:19 AM
(08-23-2013 10:53 PM)soundguy Wrote:  it's deffinately not steampunk...

Just speaking in general terms. I've seen a fair number of Wild West+Horror &/or Steampunk or Mad Science type crossover games or movies & whatnot, but I prefer just straight up westerns was the point I was getting at. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
08-24-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not really sure about SoB,I'm interested enough to check out the KS but it's going to have to be really well themed into the Horror
part & not just a grab bag of beasties.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-24-2013, 09:42 PM
i agree. i don't want a western town with zombies and werewolves. I want some architecture inthe game to support it.
08-26-2013, 10:23 AM
(08-24-2013 09:42 PM)soundguy Wrote:  i agree. i don't want a western town with zombies and werewolves. I want some architecture inthe game to support it.

Judging from the wording "Unspeakable Horror" and the images on the teaser card at GenCon I don't think you will be looking at zombies or werewolves. While I've never been a big fan of the Wild West theme, anything alluding to the Cthulhu mythos has my attention. I can't wait to find out more.
08-27-2013, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 11:12 AM by Old Dwarf.)
Yes Teaser Card has my hopes up.

OD

Well the Game page is up...sorta

http://www.flyingfrog.net/shadowsofbrimstone/

09-03-2013, 10:05 AM
We have been playing Deadlands for ages. A dungeon crawler western style sounds great!

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
09-03-2013, 11:44 AM
A poster on BGG mentioned a Brimstone Comic set in an Old West Mining town but sounds more like Zombies than Lovecraft.
This may not have anything to do with FFP SoB but it sounds close.

http://www.comixology.com/Brimstone-1-of...omic/12304

OD