Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FFP pursuing digital version of LNOE
02-09-2011, 06:16 AM
RE: FFP pursuing digital version of LNOE
(02-08-2011 11:21 PM)BrainManiac Wrote:  I don't know why but I'd bet a bunch of $$$ that this digital version will be available for Ipad only Insane19

I so hope not... PC please for the love of all that is undead! I don't own (and likely never will) an iPad, iPhone, iAnything... I can't afford it. I also don't own a Wii, XBox, or PS3 for the same reason. And if they go all exclusive to these systems without doing a generalized version for us poor schmucks I will be sorely disappointed in FFP... to the point I might sell my games and boycott FFP... I feel very strongly about exclusive crap and things you "HAVE TO HAVE THIS" to play particularly when they give you something great to play (Like the Board Game) then don't let you have it all (Digital Version) because it is "Exclusive" to something I can not afford. Insane21

Everyone has, or has access to, a PC. Port it to other things sure, but keep it available for those who can not afford the latest gadgets and consoles. We are in a recession (in the USA) and a lot of people can not afford to upgrade, and won't, just for a game.

/rant
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 07:23 AM
(02-09-2011 06:16 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Everyone has, or has access to, a PC.

OK, seriously? I really don't think EVERYONE has a PC. I suppose you could argue that everyone has access, since public libraries usually have internet connected computers available, but they don't exactly let you install games on there and hang around all day playing them.

I'd say someone designing a game obviously gets to decide what format the game will appear on. Should I be mad at the designers of Zelda for not releasing versions of their games on every system including PC, Mac, Linux, Iphone, Ipad, etc?

I don't think I really get your point here, except of course that you happen to own a PC and will be sad if you don't get to play the new digital LNoE. Mind you, this is certainly understandable. It's equally understandable that some fellow who happens to own an Xbox 360, and not a computer, would be equally sad if LNoE were only released for PC, or PS3 for that matter. (I'm pretty sure it's still cheaper to buy a gaming system than a PC.) Until gaming systems all start using universal software, we'll all just have to live with the fact that we won't be able to get certain games.
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I've been so busy with the crap portion of being admin that I missed that news. That's pretty damn awesome.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I have an iPad... Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
(02-09-2011 07:23 AM)Russ Wrote:  
(02-09-2011 06:16 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Everyone has, or has access to, a PC.
OK, seriously? I really don't think EVERYONE has a PC. I suppose you could argue that everyone has access, since public libraries usually have internet connected computers available, but they don't exactly let you install games on there and hang around all day playing them.

Ok nit-picking much? Let me rephrase: MOST everyone has, or has access to, a PC.

Libraries not withstanding, you got friends don't you? I think MOST folks have friends, and I am sure one of them SHOULD have a PC... no? I know people on welfare that have PCs, people on disability who have PCs, people with like ZERO extra cash that have PCs... Heck man, I saw a homeless guy with a notebook the other day. Sitting in front of a McDonalds using their WiFi to find some work with a sign next to him saying will work for food...

Aside from all this, there are governmental programs that GIVE AWAY PCs to people who need them... My Wife goes to collage, got in on a PAL GRANT and got a Laptop better than her Desktop with the grant money and paid all her school costs, books, and a ton of other stuff like cloths.

Anyone can get a PC if they want one, even practically, if not completely, for free. And there are PCs out there you can buy, good ones not crap ones (Though not the best either but will run games), CHEAPER than an iPad or XBox360 or a PS3!

And those who don't have a PC, likely don't want one in the first place... and as such likely don't have or want a PS3, XBox, or iPad either.

So again let me rephrase: More people own PCs than XBox & PS3's combined. Therefore, PC is the best way to go. Ever notice that several games once exclusive to Console System are now also on PC too? I can list a ton of examples if you like, start old school with Final Fantasy 7 & 8? Go newer with 11 and 14? How about Devil May Cry 4? Resident Evil? I can go on for a long time this way with just games I own on the PC, much less the ones I don't have.
02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
(02-09-2011 12:43 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Libraries not withstanding, you got friends don't you?
Yes, I swear!
(02-09-2011 12:43 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Heck man, I saw a homeless guy with a notebook the other day. Sitting in front of a McDonalds using their WiFi to find some work with a sign next to him saying will work for food...

There are PCs out there you can buy, good ones not crap ones (Though not the best either but will run games), CHEAPER than an iPad or XBox360 or a PS3!
OK, I didn't really know that. I guess I'm just a little bit behind the times. Kind of creepy when you catch yourself talking about how things were "in your day." Such a strange world we live in now, where game systems are more expensive than decent computers. You can seriously get a computer for gaming for less than $350? *Sigh* I guess I'm becoming a bit of a dinosaur.
(02-09-2011 12:43 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  More people own PCs than XBox & PS3's combined. Therefore, PC is the best way to go.
Fair enough. Still, you can't expect games to always be available on the most popular formats. There's gotta be some incentive for people to spend money on those other devices, so they try to provide things that you can't get elsewhere. If every bit of software for the XBox, PS3, or ipad was also available on PC, it might be pretty hard to market them. I guess this is why some people predict the death of game consoles in the near future? Heck, they're already starting to basically be little computers, complete with hard drives and internet capabilities.

But I digress...sorry. I do that. :p
02-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I'd definitely be thrilled to see this come to fruition, so long as it sticks to it's tactical game roots. There are already very good zombie shooters...this doesn't need to become another.
02-09-2011, 11:32 PM
(02-09-2011 06:01 PM)Russ Wrote:  OK, I didn't really know that. I guess I'm just a little bit behind the times. Kind of creepy when you catch yourself talking about how things were "in your day." Such a strange world we live in now, where game systems are more expensive than decent computers. You can seriously get a computer for gaming for less than $350? *Sigh* I guess I'm becoming a bit of a dinosaur.

Ok for one, don't talk dinosaurs yet... I'm only 38... LOL
But yeah, Decent PCs are getting really cheap these days... Not great PCs but decent. I have a 10" notebook here that will play a decent selection of pretty high end games (Albeit with minimal setting is some cases) and it cost me $200 brand new. It's small, and I can't ramp up the graphics settings, but it works and plays the games I want to play on the go. I BUILT my desktop from scratch, it is a top of the line high end beast of a machine... Buy something like it from Dell or Alienware and you are talking $5-8K... I built it for $1500 ($2k if you count the video cards I cannibalized from my old PC). Less than a 3rd of the cost of a company built system. So yeah, anyone who wants a PC can have one when you put that together with the other various ways I mentioned that you can get one.

(02-09-2011 06:01 PM)Russ Wrote:  Fair enough. Still, you can't expect games to always be available on the most popular formats. There's gotta be some incentive for people to spend money on those other devices, so they try to provide things that you can't get elsewhere. If every bit of software for the XBox, PS3, or ipad was also available on PC, it might be pretty hard to market them. I guess this is why some people predict the death of game consoles in the near future? Heck, they're already starting to basically be little computers, complete with hard drives and internet capabilities.

I understand that, I do. But it is still nothing more than corporate greed. People are still going to buy the new consoles and gadgets and phones regardless of what is exclusive or not. Most PS players are always going to buy the newest PS, but many won't get the new XBox of Nintendo... Same goes for the Nintendo and XBox users. Only a small handful of people worldwide (comparably) will buy 2 or all 3... And they are the serious gamers who occasionally pay bills late cause of the new system.

Exclusivity is the corporate way to make more money so their billion dollar company becomes a trillion dollar company. And they are already amongst the richest people in the world... do they really need that much more? Most of them already own a house that you could fit all of ours in combined, a boat bigger than my house, 18 cars and they are one person maybe with a wife and a few kids...

This is a world of excess. Where people think the more money you have the more important you are. It's sad really. I have little money, and I am treated by many as more important to them than much anything else. I hear daily of how so-and-so doesn't know what they'd do if I wasn't around to help them or talk to them. Personally, I don't think I am all that important. But I am not the one who makes that determination, they are, so I accept that to them I am important. And I have nothing to offer others save for my friendship, some friendly words of advice, and a little counseling when they don't understand or are hurting. I can't pay their bills or buy them things... I have no money... But in many ways I am richer than any CEO of a company.
02-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Wow, that got seriously corny by the end! LOL! I can't disagree with your assessment of corporate greed. You make a good point about brand loyalty, but people do switch teams sometimes, (I did,) and of course they are always gunning for the loyalty of the next generation of consumers to ensure the money continues to roll in. Heaven forbid they have to settle for the medium sized gold plated jacuzzi someday!

Getting back on topic, I am super psyched at the prospect of a PC, (or console,) version of LNoE! Say...I wonder if they'll get the original actors from the game to play out some cut scenes for the different scenarios!
02-10-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm sure it would be a a boardgame style game. They have Catan, Blokus, etc. all avalible on PCs and consoles and I'm constantly seeing more. Either way a cheap computer would be able to run it.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."