Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FINALLY
04-26-2011, 05:00 PM
FINALLY
I have owned IFOS for a few months now, and I finally got a chance to play it this weekend. I played it with a group that was familiar with LNOE, so it was pretty easy to pick up the flow of the game. We played 2 v 2, and had a blast. We only played one game, the basic Invasion Scenario. But we played with the advanced rules and did not remove any cards from the Martian deck.

The initial Hero team was Archibald, RJ Flanign, Cassidy, and Angelica. The Martians kept Archibald busy by playing "I've got to get to the..." on him turn 1, then guarded the doors to the building he was trying to get to. The Martians and Cassidy were trading shots in the Big Top, with Flanigan keeping her healed, until the Martians got Rapid Fire Ray guns. Flanigan was having trouble making his Power Token rolls, and ran to another building to hide. Eventually, Cassidy also took off in a different direction, leaving Angelica alone in the Big Top, flanked by two full packs.

Angelica died and was replaced by Jojo, who started wrecking shop on the Martians in the Big Top. With the Rapid Fire Ray Guns in play, the Martians called down the Martian Leader and led a pack after Archibald, who had finally made it into his target building. Suffering from Terror, Archibald was unable to dodge out of the way of the multiple accurate ray gun attacks, and the Martians won.

All in all, a very fun game. I like that it uses the same basic engine as LNOE and look forward to playing again. Once we get the hang of this one, we will definitely be playing Earth Overrun at some point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply