Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fast or slow zombies?
04-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Fast or slow zombies?
This seems to be a fairly polarizing issue. I always assumed everyone dug slow zombies, but a recent drunken discusssion with some gaming buddies put the totals at Slow:4 Fast:6

What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2012, 07:13 AM
RE: Fast or slow zombies?
So, do we dig the classic living dead ones (slow) or the modern infected ones (fast)?

The latter certainly brings the most scare but ultimately we have the living dead to thank for the genre in the first place. So although I'm not a 'purist' I feel obliged to go with the classic mindless slow-moving horde of living dead - the personification of death kind of thing.

My question however: Can we love both? I sure as hell do.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2012, 11:00 AM
For me is slow... with that horrids sparse and ocasional unbeliavably fast zeds!

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I'll go with the fast infected. I don't see the modern "zombies" as dead at all, but more like humans reduced to the very basic animal instincts and intent. They drop "a few" notches down the Mazlow pyramid when infected and forget about the rest as unnecessary. This behavior can be seen in some of the "wolf children" discovered. While one could debate over wolf pack dynamics and social structure, I will just dumb it down to them not having the need for speech. Perhaps the "animalization" of humans due to getting infected also triggers some base function of the brain that humans have forgotten or subdued over the course of evolution. This could very well explain the higher pain threshold as well as achieving unrelenting stamina. Sort of like being high on adrenaline, they move and behave in a way that is usually reserved for only extreme danger situations in normal humans.

In short, +1 for the fast ones.
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
(04-24-2012 05:33 AM)pandacleric Wrote:  This seems to be a fairly polarizing issue. I always assumed everyone dug slow zombies, but a recent drunken discusssion with some gaming buddies put the totals at Slow:4 Fast:6

What do you guys think?

pandacleric, you should edit this thread and add a poll (if it allows you to go back and do that). I bet you would get a lot of responses and it's an easy way to keep track.

Meanwhile, +1 for slow zombies. I love Romero-style zombies and the fast ones are too damn scary!! haha In real life I think the fast ones, especially intelligent fast ones, would be unbeatable.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
04-24-2012, 08:56 PM
+ 1 for slow, festering, bits dropping off, flyblown, maggot sacks. I'm thinking Stench of Death x10.
04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
http://www.cracked.com/video_18213_which...t-fun.html

"Romero zombies are the only zombies. We literally cannot advance this conversation otherwise."

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
04-26-2012, 02:13 AM
(04-24-2012 11:14 PM)victor.w Wrote:  http://www.cracked.com/video_18213_which...t-fun.html

"Romero zombies are the only zombies. We literally cannot advance this conversation otherwise."

Very funny video! I've never watched the Cracked group before.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
06-07-2012, 07:44 PM
You know... that's funny.... I wonder if I am the only one then.

I actually prefer a blend. I like the idea that not all zombies are exactly the same. I like the idea that there are different classifications. Some are slow, some are fast, some are long dead (and very decayed) some are recently dead, some are stronger, some can jump very high... stuff like that.

When it comes to "infected" vs. "living dead," though, I always prefer living dead. To me, zombies are dead. Whether they are the dead rising from their graves, or they were a human until being bit, they are dead. For one thing, if they are merely "infected" it kind of makes the "heroes" of the movie seem a bit bad, if you ask me. After all, imagine if somebody killed you because you had a cold. LOL! If it is merely an "infection" then it stands to reason there is some kind of cure to be found at some point, so they shoudnl't be killing anybody (unless they have no other choice) they should be trying to get them secured so they can get them help.

However, if it is the living dead, then that leaves very little doubt that there is probably nothing that can be done for the person. They are just gone. Not that you would know that for sure. Maybe there could turn out to be a cure. But, it seems less likely.
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
i go with slow but HORDE of zombies