Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fast or slow zombies?
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 08:45 PM by soundguy.)
RE: Fast or slow zombies?
of all the zombie styles.. I really tend to like the 'infected' living person the most, as it could be the most real. IE.. you could have a disease that makes you go crazy.. but doesn't kill you off fast.. yet remains contagious from bites, etc.. and the crazy person might survive days, weeks, months or a year or more.. insane.. but 'rabid' .. still eating, drinking and sleeping.. etc.

lack of health care and personal grooming and other issues and exposure would eventually get them.. so their lifespan would be limited.. can't see one lasting mor ethan a year or so... would explain why they don't bloat up and rott or decay and dry up like every other corpse that gets left out inthe wild. the 'dead' zombies realy should only pose a threat for a month or so at most.. and deffinately not make it past a real cold or real hot season.

insect predation alone should handle alot of it.

I did see one style where a fungus took over your body at the moment of clinical death and reanimated you.. heart started beating again.. and you lost higher brain function.. etc.. you still slowly died from lack of care.. but it was more like the infected living vs the truly re-animate dead.. which.. is so much less real and all but totally impossible.. Watchmen02
of all the zombie styles.. I really tend to like the 'infected' living person the most, as it could be the most real. IE.. you could have a disease that makes you go crazy.. but doesn't kill you off fast.. yet remains contagious from bites, etc.. and the crazy person might survive days, weeks, months or a year or more.. insane.. but 'rabid' .. still eating, drinking and sleeping.. etc.

lack of health care and personal grooming and other issues and exposure would eventually get them.. so their lifespan would be limited.. can't see one lasting mor ethan a year or so... would explain why they don't bloat up and rott or decay and dry up like every other corpse that gets left out inthe wild. the 'dead' zombies realy should only pose a threat for a month or so at most.. and deffinately not make it past a real cold or real hot season.

insect predation alone should handle alot of it.

I did see one style where a fungus took over your body at the moment of clinical death and reanimated you.. heart started beating again.. and you lost higher brain function.. etc.. you still slowly died from lack of care.. but it was more like the infected living vs the truly re-animate dead.. which.. is so much less real and all but totally impossible.. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 04:51 AM by Karden5048.)
In general I like the slow Zed better then the fast zed. Though for a good zombie video game the fast zed is the way to go.
09-27-2012, 12:41 PM
i like slow and in increasing numbers, and from all sides.. that's realistic...
09-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Fair enough.
09-27-2012, 04:27 PM
mind you.. everybody gets to choose what they like.. Watchmen02
09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Indeed personal preference is the spice of life.
10-01-2012, 04:10 AM
"Walking" Dead zombies....slow....unless they see their "meal" then shamble.
10-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Yeah, it's got to be slow for me. Though, the starting faster slowing down over time of Walking Dead seems... logical(?).

Does that look like a scratch or a bite?