Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fast or slow zombies?
06-09-2012, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 12:25 AM by Denial.)
RE: Fast or slow zombies?
Living dead slow walkers everytime. There is something scary about the fact that you know you can outrun them but you will never "outrun" them.,.
Saying that, when I saw 28 days later and they just jumped up and ran at the heroes, that was awesome!! Frightened me to death..

So I vote for the LNOE 1 space walkrs but the D6 shamblers rock!!!

By the way, the romero video was cool..!!

Not the face!! Not the face!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I like both. Depending on the film I really don't mind which they use.

There's a film being made in the uk that has the newly dead as fast zombies, ad then they slow down to the Romero type as they deteriorate.
06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
here's my view... i like zombies that fit their plot / role in the movie.

IE.. if it's a movie with rotting undead that are somehow reanimated thru a virus or fungus/bacteria, but are still decaying.. they should start moving slower and stumble more, the more decayed they are. I likely don't see them running. but a 'fresh' just turned one should move decently and shamble good since really no rot is taking palce yet.. though they should still have limited corridination.

to go along with this.. they SHOULD decay, and do so fast. once tissue breaks down.. that's it. i realistically don't see something with no metabalism going for days/weeks/months/years.

IMHO.. 'rotting animate zeds should more or less solve their own problems, MOSTLY, in weeks... faster in harsh climates taht will a, either dry them out like desert, b, rot them faster like tropics with insect infestation, or c, freeze them in arctic, if they can't generate heat and consume fuel. ie.. the concept of a zombie plague, could simply be waited out in your house. within a couple weeks.. there really shouldn't be much walking around, most of the world. give it a month at max for ambulatory ones. might find a pile of mush rot and bones that jiggled after that.. but not much more.

next class are the 'alive' viral crazy people. these are not dead zeds.. but alive people gone crazy from a virus. perhaps like a rabid animal. they should / could be AS FAST as a human, including running, perhaps even have all their dexterity.. but should start showing signs of dementia and other brain problems.. so thus.. no thinking or planning.. just simple reaction, and perhaps. mscle memory / routine stuff. IE.. the viral zombie that in former life walked tot he corner store every morning for a coffee and donut and newspaper for 25 ys, well.. when he wakes up infected one morning.. I expect tht residual memory, even in the faltering crazed brain, to kick in and lead the zed to the corner store. this 'alive' zed could still eat, tke in energy, and depending upon the progression of the disese.. could go on for some time if the virus didn't kill them outright. might be a carrier.. or eventually actually fight the virus off.. but retain the brain dmage and still be crazy.. etc.

then you've got the supernat zeds.. like voodoo or other vampire based/raised ones.

typically these are pretty ugly and slow and dumb things.. though tough, and perhaps no longer decaying due to supernatural forces powering them. i'm more into the other 2 classes i mentioned.
06-12-2012, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 08:52 PM by samuraitrev.)
@Soundguy. I enjoyed reading your thought provoking Zombie dexterity analysis.
06-12-2012, 11:28 PM
obviously mybuds and I havehad big time zombie technology / biology talks about this.

warm moist bug infested areas.. a zed her might last a week before it's maggot chow!
07-16-2012, 08:26 PM
I like how the walking dead has done zombies. They are slow but they have a pack mentality, which puts them in a fervor and makes them move faster. Plus a pack of zombies shuffling after you is more intimidating than the lone quick running zombie (wall vs. 1v1).

Also I think this pack mentality would be a good addition to a LNoE scenario. It would allow zombies to move faster but also make them more vulnerable to explosives and shotguns.
07-17-2012, 12:22 PM
since zeds have hunger that makes them move owards humans, if you get a group that sees a human.. and they move towards them, they will pretty much by default group up. thus zed movement cards that let you grab a group and advance them will kinda do what you are saying i would think
07-18-2012, 07:26 AM
I love both types, but they BOTH still scare me........and i'm getting old now!
07-18-2012, 09:06 AM
(07-18-2012 07:26 AM)undead lord Wrote:  I love both types, but they BOTH still scare me........and i'm getting old now!

It's only natural to fear something who's dying to break off your skin with its rotten teeth no matter how fast it moves.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 01:00 PM
(07-18-2012 09:06 AM)scarydk Wrote:  It's only natural to fear something who's dying to break off your skin with its rotten teeth no matter how fast it moves.

I see you've met one of my ex-girlfriends...