Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite Scenarios
06-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Favorite Scenarios
Didn't see a thread on this. What are your favorite scenarios, ranked in order of preference? Include any house rules you think are relevant to your enjoyment. (i.e., No "I Found It!" card from Growing Hunger when playing Escape in the Truck)

P.S. - I personally do not have the Hero Pack scenario, "It Came from Outer Space," or the three web supplements, so if your favorites consist of all of those, I'm still interested to see how you rank others after them!

My family and I have played 6 of the 12 scenarios in the base game, GH and SotF, and here are my favorites, starting with the best:

1. Supply Run

2. Burn 'Em Out
Some bad luck for the zombies in one game, but another was nail-biting right down to the end.

3. Die Zombies, Die!
Might be just because we've played more than others, especially since we keep introducing new people to the game.

4. Plague Carriers

5. Defend the Manor House
Extremely frustrating for the heroes. They don't want to play it again! We played with Grave Dead, and the zombies got lucky with the special ability of D3 movement.

6. Escape in the Truck
Only played this once, and the heroes won in about 5 turns!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2010, 06:13 PM
RE: Favorite Scenarios
Defend the Manor House is by far my favorite scenario. Escape in the Truck is my least favorite.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm a big fan of Defend the Manor House also. Very simple concept that never seems to play out the same way twice, and I actually prefer to play it as a hero.

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/honus_carbuncle/brains.jpg[/IMG]
06-14-2010, 09:10 PM
So far with different groups I start with Alone in the Dark, Die Zombies, Die!, and Supply Run. Those really help familiarize people with the rules.
06-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Do any of you find certain scenarios easier/harder when playing a certain side?
06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I used to think that Die Zombies Die! was a pretty tough scenario for the heroes to win, but with the newer expansions and things like hunting rifle it's not so bad. I'm not sure if that's more a reflection of us getting better at heroes or what, though.

Zombies used to crush at Defend the Manor house with our group also, but lately it's been a more even split.

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/honus_carbuncle/brains.jpg[/IMG]
06-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Every time I play die zombies die the heroes pull a shot gun in the first 4 round and just mow me down.
07-14-2010, 12:49 AM
My favorite scenario by far is "We've got to go back" it always seems to go right down to the wire! I just got the canisters back to the truck with 1 hour left to play and my 2 remaining heroes were both on the verge of death! Great stuff!!

I am a death God... And yes I do like apples!
07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Had the most fun with the Revenge of the Dead scenario with the SotF decks included. Can never go wrong with Defend the Manor House either.
07-16-2010, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 03:05 AM by mqstout.)
We finally played the web store scenario "Zombie Pillage" tonight and it was amazing! I still think Defend the Manor will remain my favorite, but Zombie Pillage will probably be a close second. Everyone had fun and it really plays differently than a lot of the scenarios: the zombies try to hold back and defend/hide instead of the heroes. I do recommend, however, if you play with all the expansions, you increase the card limit maybe from 45 to 50 or 55. The Zeds won with 3 turns remaining, and that was with the Antique Shop being on the board *and* the heroes having the Push Broom. (We played with the Grave Weapons and Survival/Unique decks.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user