Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite Zombie Novels/Anthologies
08-08-2008, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2008 07:39 AM by LSD.)
Favorite Zombie Novels/Anthologies
My favorite Anthology is the All Flesh Must Be Eaten Series (3 books). I just ordered "The Undead: Zombie Anthology" (book 1 of 3), I can report back shortly. Two really good novels are "Dead City", and The Rising (part of a series)

There are a few I am unsure about and I'm wondering if anyone has read any of the following:

Plague of the Dead (The Morningstar Strain)
Dying to Live: A Novel of Life Among the Undead
Monster Nation: A Zombie Novel

Post your favorite zombie book, explain why you like it. I wouldn't' mind if I was warned of books to stay away from. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
RE: Favorite Zombie Novels/Anthologies
I recently read:
The Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z

Otherwise I haven't read any other zombie-related books because I just can't choose wich one to order.
I just bought Clive Barker's Books Of Blood again. I used to have it when I was a teenager but I lent it out to someone and never saw it back again. Not realy zombie related but as far as I can remember it did scare the shit out of me back in the days Zombie17

I also came across this site so it might help you out.
Zombie Book List

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm reading The Zombie Survival Guide... not too far into it though. Can't wait to start The Walking Dead... whenever my book gets here.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
08-10-2008, 01:00 AM
I've read most of 'Monster Island'...which you can actually read for free on the 'net.

It's a bit goofy, with some very bizarre zombie ideas. (like zombie zoo animal amalgams)

The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z are good fun...I still can't get over the fact that Max Brooks is Mel (Blazing Saddles) Brooks' son.

The WALKING DEAD is very grim, and I dare say 'realistic'. But it is so depressing. I've got the first four 'compilation' novels.

I didn't realize there were so many others...I'll have to check them out.
04-06-2011, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2011 08:09 AM by willco.)
(08-10-2008 01:00 AM)supervike Wrote:  I've read most of 'Monster Island'...which you can actually read for free on the 'net.

It's a bit goofy, with some very bizarre zombie ideas. (like zombie zoo animal amalgams)

The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z are good fun...I still can't get over the fact that Max Brooks is Mel (Blazing Saddles) Brooks' son.

The WALKING DEAD is very grim, and I dare say 'realistic'. But it is so depressing. I've got the first four 'compilation' novels.

I didn't realize there were so many others...I'll have to check them out.

All three "Monster" books are really good. There's something lilting about Wellington's prose...something that has sort of given up on itself. It is a nice change.

I got to meet Max Brooks at San Diego Comic Con last year...he signed all my WWZ and ZOmbie Survival Guide stuff...he's a really nice guy.

(08-08-2008 07:35 AM)LSD Wrote:  My favorite Anthology is the All Flesh Must Be Eaten Series (3 books). I just ordered "The Undead: Zombie Anthology" (book 1 of 3), I can report back shortly. Two really good novels are "Dead City", and The Rising (part of a series)

There are a few I am unsure about and I'm wondering if anyone has read any of the following:

Plague of the Dead (The Morningstar Strain)
Dying to Live: A Novel of Life Among the Undead
Monster Nation: A Zombie Novel

Post your favorite zombie book, explain why you like it. I wouldn't' mind if I was warned of books to stay away from. Thanks

AFMBE is a *great* game. The Unisystem really shines with AFMBE. I really like Terra Primate, too, and mixing the two genres is...sublime.

Monster Nation is the second book in a trilogy. See my above comments on David Wellington. I like his style, so much so that I can forgive his less-than-traditional depiction of the undead. In any case, I think you really need to start with Monster Island.
Find all posts by this user