Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite childhood toys
09-08-2012, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 09:34 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Favorite childhood toys
My Favorite toys were always my G.I. Joe figures (They were called Action Force for a long while in the UK). I have a lage plastic tub in the garage with them in. I'd say there's about 200 with most weapons. I also have some cool vehicles including the Hydrofoil.
I found this boxed one on a carboot.

Same with these. Star Wars Weequay and Tex Hex from Brave Starr

I had some Star Wars figures and I've still got about 15 left. I sold my Transformers on a carboot for peanuts Gnnnnnn....Insane19 I had the A-Team figures too I had the large ones and the smaller ones too. Incuding Murdocs gyrocopter that thing was sweet! I've still got my He man figures (Tri Face, Orco with his pull string thing that makes him spin, He Man, Skeletor and some others) and Thundercats figures. (I still have Tigra, Panthro and Munkian?) I gave then my son and he plays with them. Me and my brother had some mask stuff too including Boulder Hill that was awesome. I had Smurfs, Visionaries, Manta Force, Musclemen, Garbage Pail Kids, WWF figures and a few matchbox cars and micro machines including the little town sections you could clip together. I always wanted a Big Trakk thing. Oh yeah and My Little Pony...

Edit: Anyone remember Madballs?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 09:43 AM
I had some Star Wars figures and I've still got about 15 left. I sold my Transformers on a carboot for peanuts Gnnnnnn....Insane19 I had the A-Team figures too I had the large ones and the smaller ones too. Incuding Murdocs gyrocopter that thing was sweet! I've still got my He man figures (Tri Face, Orco with his pull string thing that makes him spin, He Man, Skeletor and some others) and Thundercats figures. (I still have Tigra, Panthro and Munkian?) I gave then my son and he plays with them. Me and my brother had some mask stuff too including Boulder Hill that was awesome. I had Smurfs, Visionaries, Manta Force, Musclemen, Garbage Pail Kids, WWF figures and a few matchbox cars and micro machines including the little town sections you could clip together. I always wanted a Big Trakk thing. Oh yeah and My Little Pony...

action force were possibly my fav toys when i was little that and star wars i still have all my star wars stuff and all the vehicles as i said to goodcop2000 on here soon as my camaras sorted il pop some pics up i still get tham out every now and again to dust them off and have a play ....i mean...ummm....just make sure all the bits are working properly on them of course lol you really have got my childhood memories going micro machines with the clip together buildings and mask stuff and masters of the universe i still had castle greyskull up till a few years ago but i give it to my cousins little one he crazed me for it bless him coz my cousin still had some old he man stuff.. awwww man i wanna be a kid again with all these great toys Watchmen02
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Star Wars and Lego are the ones that stuck by me from when I was a wee one Watchmen02
Still have Star Wars...still buy Lego for my sons Watchmen02

When I saw goodcops pic and then read later on that he sold them in a garage sale I almost fainted. In the pic he posted with the figures there is a "big head" Han Solo, Ben Kenobi variation, Blue saber Jedi Luke and many more rare ones. And then I started to breath again as he said it was not his collection Watchmen02

Here's a pic of my figures here in the living room. Top shelf shows all my loose vintage star wars figures.
[Image: IMG_7506.JPG]
close-up
[Image: IMG_7507.JPG]

Still have an AT-AT, Imperial Shuttle, Rancor, Jabba playset, Dewback, Wampa, White Tie Fighter, Grey TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, Death Star Playset, ... here in the house as wel.
Ofcourse those were bought when I was an adult and kept on collecting. When I was a kid my parents could not afford to give me the AT-AT or any other big vehicles.
So I built them with my LEGO Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I remember Mad Balls too! Used to love those guys! Can't believe they actually made a cartoon out of them too. I don't really remember the cartoon at all, I just remember that it existed. LOL!
09-12-2012, 02:00 AM
I grew up in the golden age of the early 90's NINJA TURTLES and Power Rangers. I guess you could say it's influenced me a little bit haha.

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user