Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite hero, and why?
10-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Favorite hero, and why?
ATOE has a great, rapidly expanding cast of characters. I'm curious who the fan favorites are.

My personal favorite is Valeria the Eternal. Storywise, I like the fact that she's something of an antiheroine, a monster that goes after other monsters. Game-wise, her aversion to guns and holy items presents a challenge, and her steady supply of IP means I can spend more time exploring cool places and less time gathering up clues from the board- also, the minion blood-draining ability makes victory all the sweeter.

Who do you like, and why?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Favorite hero, and why?
This is probably a cop out(no offense-goodcop) but I don't really have a favorite.We play using a series of Generators that
give us the Heros we use (and the Villains as well).The Hero Pack 3 has some interesting ones which I haven't had a chance to try yet.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-24-2012, 01:36 PM
My favorite was Katarina, only because the hit factor, but I really like Brother Marcus now with the ability to cancel a "In Play" card using Stength of Spirit.

Quite honestly though we draw at random so there are heroes I have not played, such as Inspector Cooke. I still have yet to draw him, but comparatively he does not seem as good as some of the others.
10-24-2012, 06:55 PM
We generally don't do the random hero draws, we pick and choose.

About Katarina the outlaw- have you tried buying her a dueling pistol from tidewater yet? She's a beast if she can get her hands on one.

For some reason I consider Katarina to be the 'Definitive' ATOE character. Probably because of how she appears on the box
10-24-2012, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 08:26 PM by Atraangelis.)
My new favorite is "Argot Blackwell" from TC. HE just has balls.. thats it.

BEfore him it was "Inspector Cooke" he was cool, i like him and was the reason i got the game, sort of like the investigator from Sleepy Hollow.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
(10-24-2012 06:55 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  We generally don't do the random hero draws, we pick and choose.

I was thinking about doing this in my next game. Mainly, so our heroes blend better. One game I remember we drew heroes that were both entirely combat and we got hammered by the Spectral Horseman, mainly the ghost soldiers, because both of our spirits were so low.

(10-24-2012 06:55 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  About Katarina the outlaw- have you tried buying her a dueling pistol from tidewater yet? She's a beast if she can get her hands on one.

No I have not had the pleasure. But it is something to look for. Is the dueling pistol a purchased item or a location item? Mind, I have nto played yet with the Coast or either HP.

(10-24-2012 06:55 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  For some reason I consider Katarina to be the 'Definitive' ATOE character. Probably because of how she appears on the box

We have always won with her. Get a rifle, especially the hunting rifle or the enchanted pistol and there is no chance you can stop her.
10-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Argh. Ya beat me to it. HAve been planning on doing a "favorites" thread w/ polls, split up by set. Just haven't had the time. Insane19 Insane20

Anyhoo...

Base set: Katarina, Cartwright. Though I'm also fond of Karl & Victor. (Matter of fact the only base set character I'm not overly fond of is Thomas)

SW: Valeria & Captain Hawkins.

HP1: Lucy & The Scarlet Shadow

The Coast: Maria de la Rosa & Argot Blackwell

HP2: Jack Fellows & Fredrick Leone

Not that I DON'T like the other characters. I've DEMOLISHED Villains w/ Anne Marie before. I did quite well against The Seven w/ Sara the Bright Witch & had a lot of fun playing w/ her. Those are just some of my favorites.
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-25-2012, 12:18 AM
I only have the base game and The Coast. My favorite is probably the manipulative Isabella. I really enjoy having 20+ HP in a Showdown. I haven't played as Liliana yet, but she's pretty awesome. I was playing with a friend and she wiped out the ghost ship in one fight round while my character just sat back and watched.
10-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Evil temptors! I have not branched out beyond LNOE but you are TORTURING ME!!!
10-25-2012, 01:52 AM
(10-25-2012 01:44 AM)kassle Wrote:  Evil temptors! I have not branched out beyond LNOE but you are TORTURING ME!!!

Come to the Dark Side,surrender is sweet.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: