Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Select your favorite monster
Ghosts
Witches
Vampires
Werewolves
Zombies
Megamonsters (e.g. Godzilla)
Aliens
Supernatural killers (e.g. Jason.)
Mummies
Cosmic horrors (e.g. Cthulhu)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite monsters from books/movies/games, etc.
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
RE: Favorite monsters from books/movies/games, etc.
(03-11-2012 09:36 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Alien is the only horror movie series my parents even like, and they love it. They saw them all in theaters, and they don't really go to movies much. Great, scary movies.

To bad theydropped the ball after the third movie.
I have great hopes for Prometheus though.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 04:02 PM by Kiddarqo.)
(03-11-2012 09:23 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 07:55 PM)Kiddarqo Wrote:  Hmmmm
my favourite movies of all time are almost all involving some type of alien creature, so like Emp said, i'll choose aliens as my number 1, with an almost identical story like him, only difference is i saw it on a french channel late one night, i didn't know what they were saying but i just kept on watching scarred out of my jammy jams, didn't sleep much that night i can tell you that Watchmen02
but...
i also have a strange connection with anything to do with werewolves, this is an actual kind of trauma i got from seeing a clip from "An American Werewolf in London" at a really young age, i didn't watch the movie, it was just a clip they showed on TV to announce that they were going to play it that week, anyway it was the part where there are these three homeless guys warming themselves up in a junkyard or something, then they spot something in the distance, and it was moving closer and then there was this close-up of the werewolf's head howling followed by a shot of the subwaytrain passing by very loud... i remember i went numb when i saw it, i had nightmares after that and having a lot of difficulty to get to sleep. ever since i just want to see werewolf movies and 99% of the time the werewolves suck, the American Werewolf is the alpha wolf, the rest are just a bunch of dogs Zombie03 ,the Howling comes close, even silver bullet i found had a real terror aspect, now a days it's just all cheap scars and bad storytelling
i actually like the remake of the wolfman, not a lot of people liked it...
i guess i'm just funny that way
so aliens nr 1, werewolves a close 2nd and 3rd monsters in general my absolute favourite being "the Creature From the Black Lagoon"...even got a signed photograph to prove it...ow yeah Zombie17

cheers
the Kid

Thanks, for the vote, Kid, and happy birthday! I've only become a zombie fanatic over the last 4 or 5 years - when I was young my favorites were vampires and werewolves. I enjoyed the Benicio Del Toro "Wolfman", too. I thought it was cool they used the same name (Lawrence "Larry" Talbot) from the original Lon Chaney Jr. version and even made the werewolf look more like that Lon Chaney Jr. version than any other modern werewolf movie I've seen. And I agree that "Silver Bullet" was actually a pretty good film. It had a lot of tension and suspense without too much gore so I let my 12 year old watch that one.

Have you checked out "Dog Soldiers"? It's about a unit of soldiers getting dropped into a secluded area for a training scenario and then running into a pack of werewolves, without the benefit of live ammo! The werewolves are pretty badass and they are HUGE. When they walk into a room their head is up by the ceiling.

Last night I played "Creature from the Black Lagoon" for all 3 of my kids and they loved it. I like that they are old enough now to watch the old black and white classic horror movies that I watched over and over when I was a kid. I don't think they're quite ready for "Trilogy of Terror" that I used to see on tv in the afternoon after school, though. That little warrior doll was seriously scary.

yep, dog soldiers was pretty good i must admit, it's been a while but i remember it being pretty funny too at times but like i said good werewolf movies are rare. Underworld???...hell no, Cursed???...Nononono, Skinwalkers???...nuh and the list just goes on and on and on... Watchmen02
(03-11-2012 09:43 PM)Emp Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 09:36 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Alien is the only horror movie series my parents even like, and they love it. They saw them all in theaters, and they don't really go to movies much. Great, scary movies.

To bad theydropped the ball after the third movie.
I have great hopes for Prometheus though.

same here my friend and i swear if Ridley Scott doesn't deliver i'll take all my alien movies, pile them together and take a big dump on them...one dump per alien movie not counting the AVP ones because those were barely movies...although...i've got 'em on DVD...why is that????? who knows Zombie03
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
(03-08-2012 04:20 PM)mqstout Wrote:  The real answer? Humans.

agree

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-12-2012, 07:13 PM
@ Kid
Dude, if you are taking a dump on all your Alien dvds & blurays....you better go eat some mexican beans or something cause you will need a big...uhm...load...
Ok so we got a date to go see Prometheus. I'll bring my camera (if the bloody thing ever gets here...) and make sure I am ready to snap your moon above your pile of discs.

I think someone better contact Ridley about this here plan. Things could get real ugly real fast. Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 08:40 PM by deadrabbit.)
(03-08-2012 06:25 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Anybody know if any good boardgames use the slasher theme, like you try to stay alive long enough to get strong enough to confront the baddie in the end, similar to ATOE maybe?

thats a good idea bro.

aliens and humans scary movies are my favorite cause they can actually happen.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
03-13-2012, 03:35 AM
(03-12-2012 08:36 PM)deadrabbit Wrote:  thats a good idea bro.

aliens and humans scary movies are my favorite cause they can actually happen.

Who says zombies wont? Watchmen01

What you don't know can eat you... Zombie01
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2012 06:46 PM by goodcop2000.)
I see my zombies have stormed back to tie aliens! Gooooo, zoooombies! (Picture zombie cheerleaders waving pompoms.)

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
07-03-2012, 08:19 PM
If I could have picked them all, I would have! LOL! I just love horror! But, since you forced me to pick one...

I have to admit, as much as I love all kinds of horror monsters, I've always particularly loved supernatural killers. Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Pinhead, even Chucky or lesser known ones like the Djin from Wishmaster...

I can't quite explain why, but I've always particularly loved that type of character.
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Did anyone mention clowns? Well, I'm pretty sure there's an ugly bunch of Bozos waiting for me at the gates of hell. I vote zombie (clowns).

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the votes, staypuft and scarydk! I had forgotten all about this poll. staypuft, like you I am just a huge horror fan in general and it is definitely hard to pick a favorite. scarydk, when I was young and read Stephen King's "It" I really really disliked clowns for a few years. Watchmen02

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War