Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite number of players?
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Favorite number of players?
I was wondering what your favorite number of players are?

I personally prefer a 3-player game.
We have had some 5-player games with one player doing nothing but search in the same building, almost the entire game. The reason being that the zombies generally ignored him since there were easier targets available. The player could have moved around, but in scenarios like The Truck, there is no reason not to search as often as possible.
Not the most exciting hour spent for said player...

We then tried a few 3-player games and found with two characters each, there were always something to do. Also the angst of loosing your first character makes for a more intense game, as you'll only have 3 characters left to do the job. It becomes even more exciting when the second player starts taking wounds on his/her characters...

I should add that we only play the base game, at the moment.

So what's your favorite number of players, and did it change with the expansion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
RE: Favorite number of players?
I personaly prefer a 5 or 6 player game. It has loads of action and it's allround good fun when hanging out with my buddies. That's also very important to us. Winning the game comes second here. Enjoying the game and eachothers company definatly is number 1.

It can be, like you say, boring for a player but we don't just play to complete the mission. The hero players all play agressively and we also go "beyond the call of duty :rolleyes: Zombie17" to go and help another hero player out.
I guess it depends on the group who plays. Trough my experience, if you focus to much on the mission it can get pretty damn boring. Staying in the same building to search over and over...is boring. But you make it boring for yourself. Does it help the mission...sure...does it help putting the fun on a higher level? Nope Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I've played, 3,4,5 player games. Five was the best -- one zombie and 4 heroes. The players seem less invested if they control more than one hero.
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, so far we have only been able to play 2-player games....9 out of 10 times with Kath as the zombies and me as the heroes.

This weekend we have some friends coming to stay so hopefully we'll get a 5-player game going.....with probably Kath as the zombies. Watchmen02 Watchmen02 Watchmen02
07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
5-6 player games I think would be the most optimal but I haven't had the pleasure to get one of those in just yet. Most of the time it is either 2-4 player games. The game even with its full employment of players should be anything but boring. As I see it the players should really be working to help each other out and move towards completing their mission but still having room to enjoy the game.

The game in and of itself has so much mood and character to it that you cannot help but be drawn into it and even more so when you add in some soundtracks and it creates an ultimate experience.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Usually 2 players is all we can manage-we did have a 3 player game
with 2 heros each & 1 Zombie player.Which was fun.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
I've not had the option to play anything but 2 player games to this point (and not many of those). But I'm hoping to have some friends over this weekend and get some games with a few more players. *keeps fingers crossed*
07-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately I've only been able to play a game with two or three players. I really want to play a five player game because I feel that is where the game is designed to shine. I think having the players invested in the characters and trying to figure out how they can contribute to the team and at the same time survive would make it that much more of a fun experience. I also don't think that having two players playing zombies adds anything to the game so I would think 6 would be too many.
07-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Goldbricker Wrote:Unfortunately I've only been able to play a game with two or three players. I really want to play a five player game because I feel that is where the game is designed to shine. I think having the players invested in the characters and trying to figure out how they can contribute to the team and at the same time survive would make it that much more of a fun experience. I also don't think that having two players playing zombies adds anything to the game so I would think 6 would be too many.
1 zombie player is ok, with 2 zombieplayers it get a bit boring for the zombieplayer because you cant really choose where you want to move.
so i would say play it with 5 people.
07-27-2008, 03:40 PM
With 6 players the zombieplayers are allowed to help each other and plan actions together (right?) but it works out better with just one zombieplayer.
What if you would play with 6 players. 1 zombie player and 5 heroes (for this you need the expansion). Do you guys think it would work? The zombieplayer could then be allowed to put a maximum of 21 zombies on the board and roll with 4 d6's to see if he respawn's his zombies.
Just thinking out loud here...I just got back from a week in the south of France...wich involved 3 birthdayparties, 1 marriage and one victory in a contest... Watchmen02
it was fun and ofcourse I packed my LNOE set Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.