Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite zombie films
01-12-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: Favorite zombie films
I hope you last few guys don't mind but I'm going to put your votes into my supercomputer (a tatty piece of paper). On this thread where I've been collecting votes in my dank Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...urs?page=8
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2012, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2012 03:41 AM by Pred.)
I am legend isn't really a zombie movie is it? I mean they are really sick
people that are enraged to kill anyone not infected by the virus and don't
really eat them (do they? I don't remember). Plus they find the cure at
the end witch turns them back normal, and zombie's are dead... you cant
cure dead (unless the cure is being a zombie). So... is it a zombie flick?

I also like this movie, just qustioning.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
01-13-2012, 05:18 AM
(01-13-2012 03:40 AM)Pred Wrote:  I am legend isn't really a zombie movie is it? I mean they are really sick
really eat them

28 Days later is the same general (actually, nearly identical) idea, is that considered to be a zombie flick? I have heard people say yes, and some say no it is an "outbreak" movie....
But is there a difference? Nearly every zombie flick could be considered an outbreak flick at its roots since that is what makes zombies scary - the rate at which they spread and infect. (for the record, I do consider 28 Days/Weeks later to be zombie flicks - love them!)

The book 'Zombies - The Recent Dead' has a very interesting introduction that talks about how zombies are the only major movie monster that does not have its roots in literature, but in cinema. It also touches on the fact that the current popular concept of zombies (undead, fiending for flesh) didn't come around until Romero's Night of the Living Dead. Been a while since I have read it, but it was something along those lines. Worth checking out for zombie film/history buffs.
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
(01-13-2012 03:40 AM)Pred Wrote:  I am legend isn't really a zombie movie is it? I mean they are really sick
really eat them (do they? I don't remember). Plus they find the cure at
the end witch turns them back normal, and zombie's are dead... you cant
cure dead (unless the cure is being a zombie). So... is it a zombie flick?

I also like this movie, just qustioning.

The infected have taken over, they bite, attack in a frenzy and are afraid of / hurt by sunlight. It ticks my boxes for a 'zombie feel' film.

Happy for others to look for definative definitions over zombies, but it's still fiction.

Good debate though...
01-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Although I love these amazing films I would not count them as actual Zombie films I Am Legend, 28 Days Later (both have infected live humans) or Evil Dead (possessed live humans).

Zombies, for me anyway have to be dead dead dead and dropping to bits.Zombie13
01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
What about 30 Days and 30 Nights?
01-14-2012, 04:33 PM
There are, afterall, different kinds of zombies. Not all are undead. I wholeheartedly accept both possessed and infected zombies as still zombies. What they do that matters.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user