Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favourite game of 2014?
12-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Favourite game of 2014?
The end of the year is upon us. What wins, for you, in these two categories?

Category 1: Best game you bought in 2014.

Category 2: Best game released in 2014.

They could be the same, of course!

I'm quite new to collecting, but I vote Arkham Horror for the first, and Dead of Winter (just beating Thunder Alley) for the latter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: Favourite game of 2014?
I would have to say the Shadows of brimstone in both
categories.

Of Course District-Z must have honorable Mention.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-24-2014, 12:54 AM
So far the best game I have bought in 2014 is Firely The Boardgame, as it really captures the theme perfectly and is great fun to play.

This may have a late runner going against it as I plan to get Mice and Mystics, maybe before the year is out, and from reading the rules and views I think this may well be jumping into my top three if nota the top spot.

The games I have bought this year have all been released pre-2014, as I had a bit of catching up to do but the one I like the look of is Star Wars: Imperial Assault.
12-24-2014, 10:48 AM
I discovered Pandemic in 2014 which is great and I also enjoy Gears of War. The long-awaited C&C:N Prussian expansion is now waiting under our tree!

My Christmas list includes expansions for Dawn of the Zeds and the Air Strike scenario so they may count towards game enjoyment in 2014 too.
12-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Best game bought in 2014: Dead of Winter

Best game released in 2014: Five Tribes
12-25-2014, 02:02 AM
Didn't buy a lot of games this year but here goes.

Best Game bought: Hopefully District-Z tops this list when it arrives, but right now I'd say Timber Peak
12-25-2014, 08:32 PM
I'd got with Shadows of Brimstone on both fronts.
12-26-2014, 02:28 AM
Favorite game bought in 2014: Trains
Released in 2014: ATOE Dark Gothic
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't bought many new games this year. LNOE and ATOE were all in years past, as was Zombicide. I have been so busy painting other miniatures that I still have yet to get around to building them all for Shadows of Brimstone, so I didn't get to play that yet.

However, we have played many new games in my group. One of which, I liked enough that I bought it. So, for me the answer to both questions is:

Arcadia Quest. A lot of fun, and the miniatures are all pretty big (oxymoron for ya there) so they are so easy to paint. Pretty much my whole group has fallen in love with this game. Three of us now own it already. LOL!
12-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Man! Take a time out and put just one box together then start playing! It's too good to let sit on the shelf for a reason like that Watchmen02