Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favourite game of 2014?
01-08-2015, 02:53 AM
RE: Favourite game of 2014?
Can't vote Shadows of Brimstone, since I don't have it yet (I'm part of the Australian shipping debacle).

I will vote Star Wars Imperial Assault for both categories. Just damn awesome!!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2015, 08:05 PM
(12-31-2014 02:42 PM)Raynor Wrote:  Man! Take a time out and put just one box together then start playing! It's too good to let sit on the shelf for a reason like that Watchmen02

I will eventually finally motivate myself to finish building them, read all the rulebooks/adventure books, watch some videos on how to play, and finally bring it to the table. It's just been hard motivating myself.

Having other miniatures I am painting is honestly just part of the reason. To be honest, I'm also extremely frustrated with constructing the miniatures for SoB. I mean, mind you most of them aren't that difficult, but I'm just not very experienced (and, honestly, have no desire to become very experienced) at constructing miniatures. Nor was I ever into building models as a child. With the fact that you have often times have to cut off little pieces to get everything to fit, this is most DEFINITELY not beginners' work.

So, for me, it has just been an entirely frustrating experience. I'm getting sick of getting more glue on my damn fingers than what winds up on the miniatures. I'm getting sick of having to either A) put the miniatures together in stages and take forever to construct them or B) get sick of waiting so I try to construct them all in one shot, but one piece keeps falling off as I try to affix another.

Trust me, I know I'm going to LOVE the game, and I absolutely don't mean this all to sound like a complaint. I understand and fully support the reasons behind having the miniatures in pieces rather than all in one piece. It's just been frustrating putting them together, so that and the fact that those rule books are SOOOOO long has just turned me off from getting started with the game, sadly.

But, all that said, I really don't mean to complain. I know it will all be worth it and I will LOVE the game once I finally finish all that. I also fully admit that the problem is mainly that I've never done this before, so I'm not all that good at constructing miniatures. It's just, that's a big part of why I've been unmotivated to continue.
01-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Lol, I hear ya StayPuft. We're about to outgrow our first core set and I really need to break into the next core set to start getting it ready. I've really been dreading it myself, since I'm pretty much on my own when putting it together too.