Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feed - Mira Grant
06-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Feed - Mira Grant
Feed is an interesting take on the zombie apocalypse genre, in the sense that it wasn’t quite as apocalyptic as it could have been. The story takes place in the year 2039, where civilization has redesigned itself to live with the ever present threat of the living dead.

Zombies arrived on the scene in the year 2014 when a couple of viral experiments met with some rather unpredicted results. Two strains of “helper” viruses combined in the atmosphere, and while they do still do what they were designed to do (cure cancer and prevent the common cold), they also cause the dead to come back to life. Every person in the world was infected (and every mammal, come to think of it).

Unfortunately, the news was quick to gloss over what was really happening. Whether it was to prevent hysteria, or a general disbelief in what was going on in general, I can’t quite remember. How news did get out, however, was through blogs. Real people started posting what was going on in their personal blogs, and this warning and sharing of information saved humanity.

A couple of decades later, and blogs have become the official source of news. Blogs are run by everyday people, but with a professional attitude, and this is where our main characters come in. Georgia (or George, as she prefers) Mason and her brother Shaun, have started their own blog, and have had some minor success. Things really start looking exciting for them when they get a big promotion; they are selected to follow the political campaign of a presidential candidate.

I’m not going to get into any spoilers, but trust me, there’s plenty here for a zombie fan to love. Characters that die tragic deaths? Check. Interesting plot twists? Check. Zombies being poked at with sticks? Yep, that’s there too. If you’ve got a chance, give this one a try. It’s also the first book in a trilogy, so you’ll have something to look forward to when you’re finished.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2011, 10:22 AM
RE: Feed - Mira Grant
Thanks for posting atramagus. It sounds cool it's always good to hear about new Zed books!
06-28-2011, 04:33 PM
RE: Feed - Mira Grant
(06-28-2011 10:22 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Thanks for posting atramagus. It sounds cool it's always good to hear about new Zed books!

Hey, no problem. I like reading, and will happily post a review on any book I think others may enjoy. I'm hoping to write some books of my own in the future, after I get a few more projects I'm working on out of the way. ^_^