Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feel inspired to write??
03-27-2009, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2009 07:24 PM by zombie67.)
Feel inspired to write??
A year ago, my partner Kath tried an experiment on a British horror site she uses and I thought I would repeat it here.

She posted a picture she found on the web and asked site members to write a short story/poem or whatever inspired by the picture.

So I am going to post the picture here and also my entry from her experiment.

As an added incentive to give the writing a go, I will offer to do a spot of Photoshop zombification on anyone who posts a entry (if of course they send me a suitable picture as well) like my avatar on the left.

So here is the picture and in my next post the short story I came up with inspired by the picture:

[Image: deaths-embrace11-1.jpg]

So come folks, get your thinking caps on and your creative jucies flowing!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2009, 07:23 PM
RE: Feel inspired to write??
SHE’S COMING HOME.

Today’s the day.

I knew she’d come home one day but I never knew it would be quite so soon.

I lost her almost a month ago. We’d been going through a rough time, pressures from outside were causing arguments. The fights seemed to be getting more vicious and she said she really couldn’t take it anymore.

Then one morning I woke up and she was gone.
All her note said was she had gone to see her mother. Whenever she had brought up seeing her mother, I had tried to explain it would be a mistake but I guess she just had enough!

I lived day to day. Apart from running out to get something to eat, I kept myself locked indoors. Whenever, anyone banged the door, I’d hide. The times I did come across someone’s path I’d barge passed them and run. I was surviving but I could hardly call it living.

And now she was coming home!

I’d caught sight of her two days ago in the main high street. I made sure she didn’t see me by ducking down an alleyway. Seeing her there in amongst the heaving crowds saddened me but then I realised that maybe, just maybe, she was heading home. So I made up my mind to get things ready for her and set out to get what I needed.

And now today’s the day!

Taking a sneaky look through the curtains, I can make her out at the end of our road, slowly shuffling towards our house. I turn and put the door on the latch. She’s the only one I’ll let in, the only one I want to see.

Everything’s ready!

And I wait.....I wait!

Diving up quickly, I grab the bottle of Jack sitting on the side and swig deeply. The golden liquid burns as it goes down and I feel it all the way down my gullet. The warming sensation in my belly readies me for seeing her again.

And I wait....I wait.

Through the curtains on the small window in the door, I see the silhouette of her head with its long hair. She stands outside, not trying the door, just stands.

And I wait....I wait.

The door bursts open and in she comes.

The flesh hangs from the bite mark on her arm. Her clouded, dead eyes survey the room until at last they fall upon me. Her mouth extends into a grimace and saliva drips from her lips.
She leaps into my arms, her legs wrapping around my waist and her teeth sink into my neck.

Fighting the pain, I lift the readied gun and blast a hole in the side of her head.

We sink to the ground.

Tears welling in my eyes, I cock the gun and raise it to my temple. My eyes glance down at her once more....beautiful her....my her...

And then.......
03-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Ok...I'll have a quick stab.

But in Haiku:

Outside, Hell has come
Inside, there is only us
Hold me forever

Maybe I can formulate a story!

Your story is scarily depressing!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
The Reaper

Excuse me Dark one..I did not see,
a thousand pardons..I'll let thee be.

You just startled me..but now i'll leave,
for doubtless thou have webs to weave.

So if you'll just move aside,
I'll be gone in quickening stride.

What say you..the hour grows late,
and you would keep me from drink and plate.

Do I not hold you from your grim decree?

...No Friend...I come for thee!

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Oooo...nice one, OD!!!
08-15-2009, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2009 10:54 PM by deadrabbit.)
i will not be your test subject

Cold and Contagious

The news reports suggest to stay indoors
but still he insist to build the fort
Its alive now, in every hopeless host
mutating body's like mine and yours

I can see them out on the street
some shamble, some dash
but all seeking something to eat

I call to Aaron in the back shed
after an hour I assume hes dead
a clatter came from the back door
as I approached I seen blood on the floor

the trail led to the kitchen where Aaron stood
his body filled with bite marks and blood stains
I ran to him and craddled his chest
his touch was cold and contagious

you must run from me for ill soon be ravenous

your touch has already cursed me to the same fate
and I would have it no other way

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]