Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fence post
08-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Fence post
So this came up last night when we got the expansion pack. There was zombies in the supermarket all around the one space out cove. A human player with the fence post moved into that space so he was effectively surrounded by zombies on all sides buy one however there were walls on all the same sides as the zombies were. The fence post can hit adjacent spaces so it had range to hit all of the zombies but can it hit through walls?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2008, 02:14 AM
RE: Fence post
Can the Fence Post hit through walls?

yes it can, adjacent space, is any space next to the Hero.
08-04-2008, 04:52 AM
does that mean you get to hit EVERY zombie thats ajacent to you in one turn.
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Hitting trough walls? I would say no. Look at it from a "real life" point of view and it seems a little out there don't you think?

I am the reason God stopped watching.
08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Gonna have to agree with Emp here. Unless that's one magic fence post. You're not hitting the zeds.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Emp, thats what we were thinking but you can shoot through walls as the rules say assume theres an opening or window there so by that logic you should be able to hit a zombie through a window and as paxe said the card states any adjacent space. Hmm this one may take some further digging.
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
You are correct on the shooting trough windows. Wich does make allot of sense Watchmen02 But have you ever tried swinging a fencepost trough a window?
I would go as far as to say that you can throw a fencepost out of a window, if the window is big enough. But swinging...nah...you just would hit the sides of the windows (the wood or plastick, I don't know the english word).
I think using the fencepost trough a wall is taking the rules a little to literaly.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
08-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Personally, I just really think Fence Post is a poorly done card; especially when compared to the rest. It always feels very imbalanced, and has a lot of issues like this.
08-07-2008, 07:21 AM
mqstout Wrote:Personally, I just really think Fence Post is a poorly done card; especially when compared to the rest. It always feels very imbalanced, and has a lot of issues like this.

ya and the card it self looks dumb, and who uses a fence post, who can carry a fence post, theres so many more weapons out there that are long and could replace a fence post.
08-09-2008, 03:57 PM
deadrabbit Wrote:
mqstout Wrote:Personally, I just really think Fence Post is a poorly done card; especially when compared to the rest. It always feels very imbalanced, and has a lot of issues like this.

ya and the card it self looks dumb, and who uses a fence post, who can carry a fence post, theres so many more weapons out there that are long and could replace a fence post.

Dunno I would use a fence post if I had no other weapon. They are also in a small rural town so makes sense in keeping with the theme and Sam or Johnny look strong enough to be handle a fence post. And if you don't like the fence post say it is something else instead of a fence post if that is too far fenced for you to handle? All in all as long as your having fun that is all that counts.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."