Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Fetch The Tractor Scenario in Download Area.
09-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Fetch The Tractor Scenario in Download Area.
I just finished uploading (awaiting verification) my first Scenario to the download area. It is called Fetch The Tractor. I worked on this Scenario for a long time, and it has lots of new mechanics. I have playtested it thoroughly and i believe it is finally ready for release. The heroes run to the Tractor (gathering supplies along the way) and drive it back to Farmer Sty, who is holed up in his Barn. But not only do you have to fight (and run over) Zombies, but they have a few new tricks up their sleeves. Theres some new things for the Zombie players to do to add another strategy layer to their game, other than just go for the weakest Hero. New things include:

-Alternate Board Setup with 6 different Track Setups (uses all the boards of the base game).
-Heroes Get to Drive the Tractor. (with all new mechanics and rules governing Tractor movement and fighting while on the Tractor)
-New Zombie Game Mechanics (Dig Sinkholes to slow down the Tractor, and Sacrifice your Zombies to re-spawn at a closer Spawn Pit and stay close to the action).
-Fancy new Scenario Card and a 2 Page Scenario Description Sheet with creepy new Artwork.

Please Try it out, and tell me what you think. I am currently typing up a very descriptive Play Through of this Scenario, with Turn by Turn reports and Sketches of everyone's placement. It should be posted in the Forum soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2009, 01:28 AM
RE: Fetch The Tractor Scenario in Download Area.
GF nice 1st contribution,I'm not currently playng LNoE
but I'll check it out...too bad you missed the last Sarku
Contest.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Yeah i found out about that a little late. I got plenty more ideas for more scenarios tho
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I seen it over at BGG as well.
09-27-2009, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2009 01:09 AM by goatfarmer03.)
Yeah i posted it over at boardgamegeek.com and it has already been approved. Not sure why the approval is taking so long here. You can find it under Last Night on Earths "Files" Section.

UPDATED: It is up in the Files Section here too, so check it out if you already havent over at BGG. Also, the write-up is a very big undertaking but I am working through it. Should be done this week. Will post a link here.
10-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks alot for the ideas Ryuk (and playtests if you did some).

1) Thanks I spent alot of time on the presentation. No matter how great a scenario is, I know people would be willing to try the ones with great presentation over ones that are all text or one some notecard, etc etc. I'm not bashing anyone at all, I just know its the truth of the matter.
2) Being attacked through walls was just an accidental happenstance since the Zombies are not allowed on the same space as the Tractor. I kind of like the idea of pulling up close to a building to block off the Zombies. The choke points created by the Board Setup already favor the Zombies and their Sinkhole ability, this would swing things in favor of the Heroes a bit too. I will playtest it a few times with Zombies being able to Enter the Tractor Space, and attacking only while on the Tractor space, and not through walls. Perhaps this is a good rule change to try. It would really simplify the Fighting rules associated with this Scenario.
3) I have seen lots of zombie movies, and the theme is stretched in many of them. Plenty of Zombie movies have them doing more than just Mindlessly wandering. Flanking and overwhelming, staying in the shadows till just the right time, avoiding overly dangerous situations. All of these things have popped up, Zombies do have strategic mindsets sometimes :-). Mostly it was just an idea to give the Zombies more things to do. It can be themed to be anything really, doesn't have to be sinkholes. !!Actually!! I just thought of a great themed idea:
Every time the Zombie players pass their Spawn Check they can get a "Dismantle" Counter (max of 8, etc etc just like the Sinkhole Counters). Whenever a Zombie successfully enters the Tractor Space they can discard a Dismantle Counter (Limit 1 Per Zombie Turn) to put those 2 Tractor Wound markers on. The Tractor Wounds are removed in the same manner, but it would fit with the previous rule change of Entering the Tractor Space. This could be representative of the zombie getting an appendage stuck in an important part of the Tractor, or just simply ripping off an important part while Climbing onto the Tractor to get the Heroes. That actually sounds much more in theme and awesome. I am going to play test that right after i finish this message.
B) You think Farmer Sty makes a living off that single little Corn Field? Heck no! He has Fields all over town, and if you live in the country like me :-P you know that Huge Fields don't get finished in a single day. He just left it at the field before the chaos struck.
C) With several people on the Tractor it averages out better during playtesting. And it just offers some peace of mind to know you are (almost completely) guaranteed not to get stuck with a roll of a "1". Sure enough having Billy as the only passenger and sending the rest out killing would probably average out to a marginally better movement rate. But what if the Tractor Hits a Sinkhole (or gets Dismantled with the new rules). He will have to stop there and spend 2 Additional turns removing the Tractor Wounds since he is the only one on the Tractor. This could be avoided with additional passengers. But I absolutely love the Idea of "1 Extra Fight Dice While On Tractor". This is big time in theme, cause you have the high ground. I can see the Heroes swinging Bats down at the swarming Zombies trying to get to them up on top of the Tractor. Thanks alot for that idea. That is something that Scenario Designers don't think about. I get my mind set on an idea and i totally forget that such a simple idea/rule change can be so perfectly suited. That is going in the Rule Sheet right now.
D) I am not sure what you were talking about with Mr Hyde or Doc Brody, but yes i agree sometimes the Humans in movies can go after their own personal goals. But these guys are called HEROES for a reason :-). Maybe they are motivated by a promise from Farmer Sty. He is the only one that can help them get out, or maybe its a promise of $$$, or maybe Jenny's hand in marriage. Maybe he is just a really awesome Old Guy that the Heroes all know (it is a small town y'know :-I).

Thanks alot for the Critique, you really got me thinking and added alot of really good Ideas. I'm going to swap up the rules and do a few playtests and I will tell everyone how it goes. Test them out yourself as well and if anyone else has treid the Scenario out tell me.

-Goat