Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fight rules - have we been playing wrong?
01-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Fight rules - have we been playing wrong?
New player here. I think I may have misinterpreted the rules book here and need confirmation.

"... players use their highest dice roll..." was interpreted as adding the two dice to get a total (often more than 6). After spending quite a bit of time on this board I am sensing that is incorrect. (For example: A four and a three thrown by a Hero does not defeat a Zombie who has thrown a four)

Please confirm:
1. Only one dice (the highest) for the Hero players is used to determine a winner.
2. Every fight has the chance of a Hero suffering a wound no matter how many dice they throw.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Fight rules - have we been playing wrong?
You do not add them. You use the highest individual die. (Rolling more dice increase your chances, but a Zombie is still winning if it rolls a 6 unless you have a tiebreaker item.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2014, 08:16 PM
(01-06-2014 06:30 PM)mqstout Wrote:  You do not add them. You use the highest individual die. (Rolling more dice increase your chances, but a Zombie is still winning if it rolls a 6 unless you have a tiebreaker item.)

Thanks for the reply... that makes it different for us.
01-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Yeah, that would make a pretty big difference. With zombies usually getting only one fight die, that would make it extremely difficult for zombies to ever wound heroes. I mean, odds are it would happen from time to time, but without gaining fight dice or causing the heroes to have less fight dice, it would be pretty hard.

As mqstout explained, you do not add them. However has the highest single dice wins (unless you can change that with a card/ability/whatever). Then you go from there to determine if anything else happens (ex: if the hero won the fight AND rolled doubles, they wound the zombie, killing most zombies, as most in this game only take one wound).