Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Fighting instincts" + "Crowbar" VS "Tough"
06-16-2014, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 02:19 PM by aprillo.)
Wink "Fighting instincts" + "Crowbar" VS "Tough"
Hey guys, so this hasn't actually come up in play yet for me, but I've often wondered about

The zombie's normal ability to win on ties is ofcourse over-ruled by johny's hero ability. This is also true for heros in timber peak who manage get the upgrade tough, or heroes with a crowbar who choose to add its combat bonus. As a result there are multiple cases where an automatic combat bonus can be over-riden by hero abilities relating to this issue.

Now my question is this: what happens if a zombie plays the "fighting instints" fight card and takes the crowbar while fighting a hero who is tough. My guess is the zombie would win, based on the fact that the crowbar is designed to change the usual outcome of ties and over-ride the natural ability of a zombie. I especially think this as the card fighting instincts directly specifies to treat the zombie as the "hero" and the targetted hero as the "zombie". Also, if this werent true and fighting instinct would be cometely worthless for grabbing the crowbar. To me the only way this couldnt be the case is if the game just biasly favors the heroes for such situations. Which i wouldnt put passed the game designers, but to me it wouldnt be much in the spirit of the game or the card to treat it as hero victory.

Just wanted to know what others thought of the scenario.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: "Fighting instincts" + "Crowbar" VS "Tough"
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...4#pid37684

Check this post. Answered there!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-17-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: "Fighting instincts" + "Crowbar" VS "Tough"
(06-16-2014 04:47 PM)mqstout Wrote:  http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...4#pid37684

Check this post. Answered there!

Oh cool thanks

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user