Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Figured I should say 'Hi'
01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Figured I should say 'Hi'
Picked up LNOE a few weeks ago after debating it for months (it was my Xmas present to myself, ha!). I'm not much of a gamer, dabbled in D&D in middle school but had more fun reading the manuals than actually playing. Really digging LNOE, though I don't get to play much, none of my friends are normally interested in the more complicated board games. They seem to dig this, though, because the theme is great and the rules are easy. Been setting the mood by watching old horror movies and playing Goblin or Zombie Zombie as the soundtrack (along with the official CD, of course).

Anyhow, that's my deal. I'm working on making some 3D facades that fit the standard board, about halfway done. I also want to pick up a ton of zombie minis from other companies to add to the game, but I'm waffling on whether I have the skill and patience to do all that painting.

Robottroubles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2011, 07:17 PM
RE: Figured I should say 'Hi'
Well robottroubles... I figure I should say welcome... Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-29-2011, 08:26 PM
(01-29-2011 07:17 PM)Sarku Wrote:  Well robottroubles... I figure I should say welcome... Zombie03

I see what you did there...

Welcome as well.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Welcome Aboard! Hope you have a wonderful time here and enjoy your stay.
01-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Yo!-Welcome to TZG

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Can't wait to see some pics of those finished facades...
01-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Greetings Robot.
Yeah get some figures and crack on with painting 'em. It makes a huge difference to the game in my opinion painted zombie models all with different poses. It's really cool to paint the figures and have 'em used on a regular basis. Show us the results!!Watchmen02
01-30-2011, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2011 09:46 PM by robottroubles.)
(01-30-2011 08:20 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Can't wait to see some pics of those finished facades...

It's going kind of slow since I'm sort of learning the software while making them. Also, I'm trying to follow a few different parameters; the buildings have to fit in the space they are shown on the board, they can't be too tall to be difficult to move minis around in them, no roofs for easy access. I have a couple sample pics i my gallery, but that general store is getting redone. I'm keeping the insides empty so they can be mounted on the players choice of tagboard or cardstock, and so the great art from the gameboard is still fully visable.
(01-30-2011 02:22 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Greetings Robot.
Yeah get some figures and crack on with painting 'em. It makes a huge difference to the game in my opinion painted zombie models all with different poses. It's really cool to paint the figures and have 'em used on a regular basis. Show us the results!!Watchmen02

I'm this close to biting the bullet and ordering the Vallejo Game Colours suitcase; I hate the idea of being in the middle of painting and realizing I don't have the color I need. Plus, I NEED these clown zombies from Tengu Models.
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
New Braaiiin - Welcome.
01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm this close to biting the bullet and ordering the Vallejo Game Colours suitcase; I hate the idea of being in the middle of painting and realizing I don't have the color I need. Plus, I NEED these clown zombies from Tengu Models.
[/quote]

Wow I've never seen this site before, thanks for the post. That clown looks as sinister as hell! Those boss zombies look really good too, gives me some ideas. Go get them paints and clown it's destiny!!