Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies)
11-16-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies)
Sounds awesome. Will give it at try.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I can't believe I didn't notice this before (or maybe I did but just didn't mention it), but I can't help but get a chuckle out of the extra zombies in your pictures that are gray. I had to look twice to realize that they weren't heroes. LOL! I was wondering why there were so many heroes on the board.
11-21-2013, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 05:50 PM by dj_edgar02.)
This scenario seems awesome. Very straight forward and there should certainly be no lack of excitement. Can't wait to give it a try. Thank you.

"Sometimes dead is better."
11-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Agreed - we will definitely play this. Nice job!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-26-2013, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 08:51 PM by goodcop2000.)
(11-21-2013 10:06 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Agreed - we will definitely play this. Nice job!

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

(11-21-2013 05:50 PM)dj_edgar02 Wrote:  This scenario seems awesome. Very straight forward and there should certainly be no lack of excitement. Can't wait to give it a try. Thank you.

You're welcome. Enjoy the carnage!

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
11-29-2013, 05:04 AM
We are playing this scenario right now and we're loving it. Only question I have is (Sun Track is on 9) during the final 5 rounds do heroes still win on a tie and don't have to roll doubles to win or do they need to have higher and win without rolling doubles?

11-29-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 11:11 PM by dj_edgar02.)
The heroes didn't need doubles and we assumed that they also still won on ties. The game came right down to the wire with either side capable of taking the win. In the end, 2 heroes died and a third was near death but the heroes managed to take the win. Awesome, well balanced scenario.

11-29-2013, 11:29 PM
(11-29-2013 02:48 PM)dj_edgar02 Wrote:  The heroes didn't need doubles and we assumed that they also still won on ties. The game came right down to the wire with either side capable of taking the win. In the end, 2 heroes died and a third was near death but the heroes managed to take the win. Awesome, well balanced scenario.

Thanks, dj. You assumed my intent correctly for the final 5 rounds - heroes win fights on a tie and give a wound on any win. Sorry if the wording was not clear enough.

My kids and I actually played the scenario yesterday, too. I was the zombie master and my two younger kids were the heroes. I killed 2 heroes about halfway through the game but they managed to survive the rest of the way and pull out a victory.

Happy Thanksgiving!

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
11-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Goodcop, glad to know that we played it correctly. It seemed the logical way, as it made sense since they were falling apart and needed to become increasingly more weak. I just wanted to be certain. Thank you for creating and introducing me to the scenario. My girlfriend, her brother and I had a blast with it. We normally have a larger group of at least 6, sometimes up to 8 and I can't wait to introduce it to them. I normally tweak the scenarios on both ends to account for and include the extra people if we have those numbers and everyone wants to play LNOE, though I don't know how exactly I would do that with this scenario and keep the balance. I'm going to give it some thought because I want everyone to give it a try. If you have any suggestions I'd be delighted to hear them. Either way, I'll figure something out or just wait until I have a normal sized group of 6 or less to debut it. Very much looking forward to seeing the outcome the 2nd time around. Thanks again. Also, I'm a day late but Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

01-04-2014, 02:10 PM
We played your scenario yesterday and it really was fun. We played with the whole stack of zombie and hero cards and had six players.
The game really had an awesome epic athmosphere. Exactly what you intended I guess. Watchmen02
One hero was killed and there was a short very thrilling moment all heroes had only one wound left but they just about made it ...

Only the last five turns turned a bit boring as even seven zombies attacking two fully equipped heroes did not stand any chance (5 Zs killed:1 hero wound). The rest of the horde did not even come near enough as the fence post kept them at distance.

We agreed that next time we would leave away the rule that Zs automatically take a wound when the Heroes win a fight in the last 5 turns. But we'll definitely give it another go.

Nice work! +1 Rep