Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finally got Growing Hunger!
10-09-2011, 10:52 AM
RE: Finally got Growing Hunger!
I wonder what the chances of them are for posting to Australia.

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2011, 06:22 PM
(07-29-2011 06:30 PM)thanatos Wrote:  Woohoo! We played our first game with expansion rules and cards last night. Strangely enough, we didn't actually play a GH scenario. TrollandToad.com, which sold us the expansion for $22, saw fit to throw in the Stock Up supplement for free with the order, so we did Stock Up, but used dot rules to add in free search and grave dead.

Unfortunately, the heroes got a little jittery about engaging with the grave dead (who were spawned, one turn at a time, entirely in and around the storehouse, since the random building landed on zombie's choice, and the zombies chose The Plant), and they waited too long to make a run for the Storehouse. I have a feeling I'll have to work a little harder for my victory next time we do that scenario, but I think we're going to try Plague Carriers on our next playthrough (the players had narrowed down scenarios to either Plague Carriers or Stock Up).

Looking forward to many more games, and making use of the extra rules.

I was one of the crazy ones and bought all of the expansions right after only one play through of the basic LNOE and after trying to play a game with all the extras (barricades, grave weapons, survival decks, etc.) I find that using them all is WAY too much to keep in order so be careful of getting to over zealous and playing with all the expansions.
10-20-2011, 04:08 PM
funny thing is I bought it all without playing a single game even...

well, now I`m trying to prepare my custom characters (my friends) and I`m going to suprize them with their faces on character cards ;=)

this gives this game so much potential
10-20-2011, 05:57 PM
H skolo let us know your friend's reactions when they see their faces on the character cards. As for buying all that cool stuff trust us your money was well spent.
10-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I will ;-)

As far as money goes - it was worth it. Thanks!
10-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Nice,you'll find GH adds a lot to LNoE.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Great Find Zombie17
I will need to find a copy for myself soon enough
11-11-2011, 02:26 AM
I've really wanted to get GH, but it's quite pricey to an already pricey game.
11-11-2011, 08:11 PM
(11-11-2011 02:26 AM)bobwhorton Wrote:  I've really wanted to get GH, but it's quite pricey to an already pricey game.

Its worth it. If you like LNOE you should really get GH. The addition L boards increase variety in game play. The additional Heroes. As a Zombie player, some of the cards and Horde, 21 Zombies Watchmen01 did I mention Horde ? love it Im sure the Heroes get something kewl too. My favorite zombie card is from Growing Hunger. imho :p

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05