Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First 2 games and a rule question
09-17-2011, 05:16 AM
First 2 games and a rule question
Ok, so we played two runs of the basic game tonight and I came up with one situation I can't find in the rule book.

If you use exertion (ie take wounds) to roll extra die on a cliffhanger test and then fail that test and are KO'd AND you don't have any glory yet, how do you recover your wounds?

If anyone else has played, I would definitely appreciate some input.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2011, 06:06 AM
RE: First 2 games and a rule question
When you are KOd, you lose d6 of any combination fortune, glory, allies and gear. During the end step, KOd heroes stand up with full health. P14 lists the steps of The End Phase, the last step is Heroes Recover. Tho it does not explicitly say that they fully heal, it is implied with the word Recovered.

Also, since you are losing d6 worth of stuff, and have a 50% chance to lose an artifact, those can be some pretty heavy losses. To make you pay on top of that would make "going for it" too risky, undermining the entire point of the game.
09-17-2011, 06:31 AM
RE: First 2 games and a rule question
Yeah, I saw where it said they 'recover', though it doesn't mention healing wounds at all. I suppose that is the best way to interpret it, however. Although, it does specifically mention wounds healing every other place it can happen.