Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Crack at a Custom Hero Using Gimp
02-15-2011, 07:30 AM
RE: First Crack at a Custom Hero Using Gimp
(02-13-2011 03:46 AM)Russ Wrote:  My guess is that you would need some sort of negative attribute to balance him out. Maybe something like 'bumbling oaf--minus one to break-weapon rolls' or maybe he could have 'overconfidence.' It would be just like the zombie card 'overconfidence' only it would always be in effect. Just throwing ideas out, seeing what sticks. Feel free to use whatever.

The overconfidence idea is pretty good too. I really like your "Evil Ash" ability. If you think about mine, he won't be able to use his abilities for much of the game. BOOMSTICK! only gives him a gun once at the beginning. Once it is lost, no more ability. He then only has one special ability, which is only useful on the off chance that you find gas. I haven't gotten a chance to play him yet, so I am not sure how he balances out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Good point, although he does start at the Gun Store, so if he is still in the building, he can always just get his shotgun back using the building's Pickup. Of course, depending on the situation he may not find it possible to stay there for long.
02-15-2011, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2011 08:41 PM by fallensaviour.)
Quote:I looked around and was surprised to see no one had made one for this zombie-stomping legend. Maybe because Evil Dead isn't seen as a zombie movie by most people. I understand; it isn't too conventional.

You just didn't look hard enough.....LOL
He is all over the variants/custom hero section.
I like what you've done.
Here is mine complete with miniature from studio miniatures.
Every body needs an Ash in their game.
Here is mine;
Figure came from studio miniatures painted by me.
[Image: zombies40.png]
[Image: lastnightpics202.jpg]

[Image: lastnightpics203.jpg]

The Handicap "missing hand" means he is unable to use two handed weapons. I have edited the card but just never updated it to the site yet.He is a favorite in the game and used often!!!
I went with the actual movie still to keep the card in the same flavour as the LNOE cards that have actual actors on the cards.
02-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Fallensaviour, does the Zombie team usually get stomped when Ash is in play? It IS tempting to make him a bit overpowered, because come on...it's ASH, dude! LOL!
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Nope.
He is good but in the end he still has empty guns or runs out of gas in the saw...
He also makes a great zombie hero....Muwahahahahaha....
02-16-2011, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2011 08:04 PM by vikinglad.)
(02-15-2011 08:41 PM)fallensaviour Wrote:  
Quote:I looked around and was surprised to see no one had made one for this zombie-stomping legend. Maybe because Evil Dead isn't seen as a zombie movie by most people. I understand; it isn't too conventional.

You just didn't look hard enough.....LOL
He is all over the variants/custom hero section.

Oh, I see. I checked the download sections, and gallery, and found a bunch of custom heroes, but didn't do a search in the forums. I knew there had to be a couple on here somewhere. Thanks. Glad to join the ranks.

Did you see the Evil Dead scenario Alice made. It looks like a lot of fun; it would be great for your Ash to try. It sounds really hardto me.

I really like the mini you made. It blends in perfect. Like Russ, I thought yours sounded a bit strong too. Cartwright's only ability is resourceful, and he doesn't get to start with anything. But, if your Ash plays well for you, he sounds like a lot of violent fun. Insane02
02-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah he plays well.
It just seems silly to start him off without a chainsaw or shotgun.
He is the chosen one after all.
He is limited by the missing hand so all two handed weapons are out.
He is easy to adjust to game play-remove spare ammo card,shotgun or chainsaw.
It's not written in stone.
I created him for my nine year old son to play solo.
In this incarnation he works out well for him,with other players he still works great.
A bad roll and his saw is empty or no shells for the shotgun.
If he gets turned into a hero-zombie I"ll even let the zombie hero use the chainsaw .....Muwahahaha
It could be worse he could have four health points.... Zombie03
I also keep in mind he is a survivor of zombie hordes already not the same ash as in the first evil dead.YOU want that ash use Kenny...LOL
02-17-2011, 04:43 AM
Nice paint job on the figure, by the way. Mine ended up with kind of a wonky set of leather strap thingies.
04-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Ash looks great and make a lot of laughts, fit natural... start with shotgun its just right...the hand issues not much.

Nice paint job by the way.