Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Game Impressions
05-31-2012, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 07:50 AM by argailwall.)
First Game Impressions
Hello everybaody,
yesterday i played my first LNOE game, it was just 2 players, me and my girlfriend.
I played the zombies and she played the heroes.
We played the basic game and of course the Die Zombie Die scenario.

the heroes began the game on a difficult situation but after some time they got the upper hand and 6 rounds before the end game they had managed to kill 14 zombies and lose 1 hero(Billy)

I had a chance to kill the farmer's daughter which was playing a loner in the dinner scavaging for supplies with her baseball bat, but most of my zombies were 2 squares away, only 2 would caught her this round and since this girl is good with the bat i was almost sure i lost that game,as the round marker went from 6 to 5 I draw the card that moves 1d6 zombies 1 square before the move phase,so i managed to pull 4 zombies on her on this round and she became a delicious meal(in the dinner).The zombies were victorious in the nick of time!

I was excited with the game and so was my girlfriend(that's good cause i see lots of one-on-one games to come). The big advantage was the balance of the game even for us amateurs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: First Game Impressions
Glad to hear you had a great time. The game you played sounds well balanced - and that's a strong starting point for a game that should be both fun and entertaining for all players.

Overall FFP has done a great job creating a balanced game system. When you get the chance to acquire the expansions you'll soon be introduced to "The Dot System" which allows you to add new ugly stuff (with a dot value) for one side and compensate with some bad stuff (of the same number of dots) for the other side. Some scenarios may not be completely balanced (as always influenced by the experience of players and the outcome of dice rolling) but if you've played a scenario a few times and feel that one side has a clear advantage, then add some stuff with one or two dots for the other side.

The best part of LNoE IMO is that it doesn't matter wether you're on the winning side or not. It's always brain eating, bone braking fun to play. And once you get a chance to sit down with more players it gets even better.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Good to hear that fun was had by all. I love playing this game one on one.

Not the face!! Not the face!!
06-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Cool report! The Zombies enjoyed a happy feast of student brains!
06-06-2012, 07:53 PM
My very first time playing this game was with friends who own it. (I've been saying that a lot, but what else am I going to do when first introducing myself to everybody but share stories of how I found the game? LOL!) I had never even heard of it before, so when our friends told us we were going to play a zombie board game, I was excited!

They had a few of the expansion packs already. We wound up playing "Escape in the Truck." I know they suggest playing "Die Zombies Die" the first time, but I am actually kind of glad we did this instead. I personally find "Die Zombies Die" to be a little simplistic and therefore not my favorite scenario.

I fell in love with the game instantly. Every aspect of it. The full color photos, the high quality character cards, scenario cards, hero and zombie cards... everything.

The wife and I played with one friend on the heroes team so he could help us to learn how to play the game. The heroes wound up getting a few very lucky cards that let us pick out the items we needed, so we wound up winning, but the game was still loads of fun. That was all it took. I was HOOKED, and now I just finally got the game for my birthday. I can't wait to play over and over and over, and eventually collect all the expansions.
06-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Cool first timers!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user