Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Painted Heroes w/ close up
09-10-2011, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 02:42 AM by Pred.)
First Painted Heroes w/ close up
Heres my attempt at Heroes, I think I did a better Job this go round than Zombies
more Heroes
hope you like them, Please comment
Just wanted to give a thank you to samuraitrev for his painting advice, I believe his advice has helped refine on some of the details. I'm just a novice though, and I hope to only get better.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2011, 05:44 AM
RE: First Painted Heroes w/ close up
Some good stuff, for sure.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-10-2011, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 01:03 PM by samuraitrev.)
They are without a doubt much better quality painted miniatures. The biggest improvement is your paint has gone on a lot smoother. You've paid more attention to fine details (buttons etc.) and you've used shades to create depth. I'm really glad that you found the guides helpful. I had hoped that people would use them. I'm sure they took longer to paint but the results are well worth it. My favorite you've done is Jade for detail, depth and imagination (the fishnets and red hair streak give her an individuality).

+1 Rep keep up the good work.
09-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Great job! Paint came out super smooth this time. I like the bases for Jade and Sally.

Did you paint all of these since your zombie mini post? It takes me forever to paint my figs; how long did these take? Did you do them all at once?
09-10-2011, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 04:13 PM by Pred.)
Thanx for the comments so far, its makes me feel like getting started on my Martians and IFOS Heroes with all the good criticism. I think the biggest thing that has helped me out was thinning the paint but I'm still unsure of the dry brush technique (I tried it but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly, I need to watch some you tube videos and see if what I'm doing is correct). Yes I did paint these since the Zombie Post and I'd say it to me at least 2 hours per Mini (except Father Joseph witch was very basic). I did have some already started before I read Trev's guides and I ended up stripping 2 of them because I didn't like the way they turned out (Johny once, and Stacy three times). I paint Stacy with a striped black suit in the beginning and it looked horrible, I stripped it (thank god it didn't melt but the stripper i used only took 2 minutes to eat the paint off and I wash it off with my hands and warm water), then a Blue suit.... hated it, then did the red blazer with black skirt and I settled with that (she was really my least favorite to paint). But over the course of a few days I completed them so not exactly all at once. I felt that Jade was really the only one I could get creative with because I wanted to keep the paint themes close to the character cards (which I notice a lot of people do) so friends can identify them easily.

What does everyone think of the base colors? I was thinking I might scrape them and do something more natural (kinda like everyone else's but that's why I did base color to be different. The girls kinda look like there sitting on Pink Twinkie Snow Balls (which reminds me of Zombieland kind of). Please post about what you guys think.

Theres still 4 more heroes I don't have from growing hunger because I usually play with Mr Onearm (from the forums) who has this expansion. Like I said earlier I still have Martians and IFOS Heroes to keep me occupied (the martians look really hard to paint SO MUCH DETAIL). Thanks again for the comments please keep them comming.

09-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Nice, wheres the figs from?
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
(09-12-2011 03:04 PM)Sudden Wrote:  Nice, wheres the figs from?
Seriously? Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh, my lord, please do not smite the young one... he knows not what he say...he is only a child...

12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi Pred, nice work on the mini's

hehehehe there is a zombie clown in your picture hehehehehe

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05