Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Playthrough:
01-27-2011, 06:25 PM
First Playthrough:
I did my first playthrough last night -- a four-player cooperative session. My friends and I did make a couple of mistakes as we went, but for the most part, with a combination of lucky roles and lucky draws, we took over the earth with about 2 turns (maximum) to spare. It was a TON of fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing some more.

I am hoping that they're going to eventually release the Martians (from IFOS) as a playable alien race, rather than just as a (very useful) Event card, but other than that, I have no complaints. Everyone had a blast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: First Playthrough:
Thanks. I'll be picking it up ASAP
01-27-2011, 09:02 PM
(01-27-2011 06:25 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  I did my first playthrough last night -- a four-player cooperative session. My friends and I did make a couple of mistakes as we went, but for the most part, with a combination of lucky roles and lucky draws, we took over the earth with about 2 turns (maximum) to spare. It was a TON of fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing some more.

I am hoping that they're going to eventually release the Martians (from IFOS) as a playable alien race, rather than just as a (very useful) Event card, but other than that, I have no complaints. Everyone had a blast.

Sounds good. Mine was waiting for me after work Last Night. Didn't have time to play it unfortunately. Hoping for a solo run through tomorrow morning, and some full plays on my Saturday game night.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
How long to it took for your first 4 player session ?
My copy isn't arrived yet, but hopefully would be here in the next few days and i was wondering if i could set a game in the 2 hours of free time that i have every wednesday after lunch time...
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
The first game took about 90 minutes to 2 hours. The second game was much faster, since we didn't need to check the rulebook nearly as often; we did it in about an hour. I suspect an hour will be the typical playthrough time once the rules are fully down.
02-16-2011, 05:23 AM
ive been thinking about getting this one, how does it compare to LNOE

This letter is just to inform everyone about the recent movement of equipment that has happened during the precinct's rearrangement.The safe with four digit lock has been moved from the S.T.A.R.S. office on the second floor, to the eastern office on the first floor.
"2236"
Raccoon Police Liaison Dept.
02-16-2011, 02:32 PM
LNOE is much better. I'm sure I'm playing a little bit differently, but none the less. I like player vs player, and this is like ATOE with the villian/humans just being cards and a phase.

With that said, if you have the money, it seems like it's going to be a good addition. Same quality as their others. I hope I get the hang of the game soon as I wish the rules were a little clearer on some parts. (And if the rules are the way we played them, the game can drag on something fierce)

I'd give it a C+ where as LNOE is an A+ and ATOE is a B, but I also haven't mastered all the rules so I may in fact be upgrading that grade once it's awesome.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
02-17-2011, 07:27 PM
I on the otherhand like the "play against the Game thing"
This makes me more interested in the Game but it still
not on must get list.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
My box arrived yesterday, didn't have time to go trough the rulebook. But I am looknig forward to play it Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I bought this when it was released but I've been so busy in the last few months that I haven't been able to play it yet. Hoping once June is done I have some relaxation time and can bust the game out and give it a play. Plus there are cool pieces that need a paint job!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."