Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First play of The Coast
06-12-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: First play of The Coast
(06-12-2013 09:45 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  We really enjoy The Coast but find it plays better without Echo Lake - just the base board and the coast board. We have found that the inclusion of all three boards seems to drag the game out as it becomes relatively much slower to get around. That's where the idea of the Hurry-up roll came about though. That works ok if there is enough investigation around. Watchmen02

Yeah. Next time I manage to get ATOE to the table I'm considering cutting down to 1-2 boards, not because of length, but just that it seems to dilute the "focus" of the boards. I'm considering staging it based on Villians drawn to keep the "theme" more intact of each board. As in:

Base set Villian = Shadowbrook only & Core Heroes only.

SW Villain = Shadowbrook + Echo Lake boards & Core + SW & HP 1 Heroes only.

The Coast Villain = Shadowbrook + The Coast boards & Core + The Coast & HP2 Heroes only.

I may or may not restrict the heroes, but the boards at least anyway.
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: First play of The Coast
That is pretty much what we do - limit the boards to the villains, or vice-versa - but we don't limit the heroes. We draw them randomly out of the total pool. As you say, limiting the boards perserves the thematic flavor (and keeps the game moving better in my opinion).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply