Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First time playing coop....
11-07-2012, 06:03 PM
First time playing coop....
Just played my.first coop game and am curious if we did something wrong.... now bear in mind I am still new to the rules and only the basic game rules were being used but I wound up rolling 18 fight dice during my phase of.the showdown due to cards played and elder used...... is this common?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 06:16 PM by Leonard.)
RE: First time playing coop....
(11-07-2012 06:03 PM)jibbo1971 Wrote:  Just played my.first coop game and am curious if we did something wrong.... now bear in mind I am still new to the rules and only the basic game rules were being used but I wound up rolling 18 fight dice during my phase of.the showdown due to cards played and elder used...... is this common?

It has happened to me in competitive mode before, so I'd say in co-op it's pretty common. After all, the villain has extra wound markers in co-op, right?

If you take the Scarecrow for e.g., if your items have built your combat skill up, combined with rolls for your 2 elders, and if you possess the torch in addition to all of this, as well as event cards that allow you to roll additional dice ( aggressive combat for e.g.,more common in co-op with everyone helping out) it seems pretty likely that you'll be rolling a lot of dice!

It's an inconvenience though, as the game only comes with 16 dice.
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
I am a long time gamer so i never have a shortage of dice... i was just curious if it was common to have that many to roll..... i will just add more dice to my AToE box!
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't think I have ever rolled for the heroes that many dice, but definitely for the villain (Scarecrow and evil elders). I don't think I have come across a game where we had enough cards/items that would account for that many extra dice.

Can you remember what the situation was, for example: Katarina, with the rifle, the dagger, Lord handbrook, Strength of battle card, etc...?
11-07-2012, 11:04 PM
In Solo (which is very similar to co-op) I've had many stuations where both the Hero & Villain are rolling 10-12+ at one time. I added 16 "Evil" dice (red w/ black pips), so no worries there. But I don't think I've gone OVER 16 more than once or twice. Last game I played, Liliana vs The Reaper it was only 6-7 each, but both have abilities that make their hits deadlier, so that was still "a lot" relatively speaking.

So, it can vary. Not uncommon, but not common either I'd say. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-08-2012, 02:13 AM
I played the Scarlet Shadow in I remember having a rapier that bumped multiple stats, the crossbow, dagger, ally that bumped a state (sorry all the details are fuzzysince I don't know the game that well) plus cards were played that allowed me to add both spirit and cunning to the combat dice.
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
(11-08-2012 02:13 AM)jibbo1971 Wrote:  plus cards were played that allowed me to add both spirit and cunning to the combat dice.

Ah, that does it. I totally can understand now. I guess I try my showdowns a little early, or KO too much, as i never have that amount of items per hero.