Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fish tokens
01-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Fish tokens
I was curious if any of our fellow fans have found a use for the fish tokens in the game?

I am two years late to the IfOS party, but I got the game this past Christmas and have fallen in love with it. The only thing that bugs me is the fish pickup for the bear tent (along with the magic wagon pickup). While I am guessing it is a reference to a future expansion, it seems odd that the Frog would word L Board pickups with things not in the base game.

If you made the three fish tokens one time use, would giving each of them the ability to heal one of JoJo's wounds be too powerful? As it is, the bear is already quite the dancing mauler. To balance it, perhaps ban cabbage from JoJo's diet?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: Fish tokens
I've been thinking about this too, but using the Fish pickup (and the Magik pickup too) without an actual Fish card in the discard pile seems too specific. Most of the scenarios that involve searching for tokens that I've read use the numbered tiles for randomness. Having a location where you can get tokens any time makes me think that it'll be broken or clunky.

It required too much thought just to use the pickup location, so I just ignore it completely. I'm hoping that get some Magik cards soon, with a new magician carnie, so that Magik Wagon can be fully utilized.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply