Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flimsy cards?
12-31-2014, 04:17 PM
Flimsy cards?
Hey, I love LNoE, the game is awesome.
My kick-ass wife bought Growing Hunger for me for Christmas! Yay!

We unboxed last night and as I was sorting an laying things out, I noticed something odd.

The new cards, while the same thickness, are SIGNIFICANTLY more flimsy and bendable than the ones that came with the core box.

Is this just the way it is with everyone's cards, or is this something I should contact the Frogs about?

(Played Burn it to the Ground, and my Zoms got spanked in turn 7 due to my inabliity to roll dice)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Flimsy cards?
The card stock is different...more flimsy. I got the same thing.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
01-01-2015, 04:38 PM
(12-31-2014 09:29 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  The card stock is different...more flimsy. I got the same thing.

The content is great, but I am disappointed about the obvious differences between the cards.

Ah well, what can be done, eh?
01-01-2015, 11:05 PM
It's an issue even the largest game companies have. It's hard/expensive to keep card stock (and especially printed colors!) the same with every printing. For me, as long as they look the same I'm okay with it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2015, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 06:26 AM by ATOEtalGeek.)
I sleeve all mine so it masks the issue some.

It sure doesn't seem to be that difficult for games like Dominion. Every expasnion spanning several years is the same weight stock, exact size and excellent color match. Just makes you scratch your head...

01-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Actually really surprised to read this. Is it a print edition issue by any chance?? (if someone in the know can answer??). All of my LNOE cards are identical in quality and colour/shading.

I know the first print of GH had some board colour issues where they weren't the same as the original boxed set. Subsequent printings worked out fine with the boards.

The only issue I've has with FFG content not being consistent was ATOE with the Secrets cards, but they are offered as replacements for no cost in the store.

Like I said, very surprised.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
01-04-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm in the same boat as Forest Runner. All of my cards are the same I haven't noticed any difference in the thickness of the cards or printing quality. I do tend to get the expansions straight off the mark after release. Maybe that has something to do with it? I hope it doesn't spoil the enjoyment of the game for you.
01-04-2015, 07:37 PM
I don't think it can spoil my enjoyment of the game at all, but it will always bother me that you can tell if someone has an expansion card in hand, or if there's one coming up.

See picture.
[Image: ExpansionCards.jpg]
01-05-2015, 12:19 PM
What's interesting is that I don't believe expansions and reprints of their other games have been like this. I know ATOE has been consistent at least.

01-05-2015, 03:05 PM
(01-04-2015 07:37 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  I don't think it can spoil my enjoyment of the game at all, but it will always bother me that you can tell if someone has an expansion card in hand, or if there's one coming up.

See picture.

I've certainly never seen that with a 'Frog game. That looks, to me, like the game encountered humidity between the factory and you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user