Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flying Frog to announce a New Project at GenCon 2016
08-12-2016, 02:44 AM
RE: Flying Frog to announce a New Project at GenCon 2016
Yah, every news release related item from the Frog at Gen Con 2016 was entirely underwhelming. That is my personal experience from being there and asking the questions. They had no new releases of anything, no scraps, tidbits, bones or even any juicy rumor mongering. All they would say is next year is LNOE's 10th anniversary so we'll have to wait and see...almost begrudgingly. And about the Lost Colony? Heh "Still in the works and no definite plans to announce anything yet."
I was stunned to learn the next big thing is more of SoB which is consuming every resource they have and has been for the past two years.

I had a much more enjoyable time at any of 5 or 6 other major game manufacturers' boothes than at FFP. Sorry to say that because my heart is at FFP.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 03:32 AM
I noticed that at my last GenCon (2 years ago, the first one with SoB)... The character of the company changed with SoB quite a lot from how their booth was the few prior years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2016, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 07:50 AM by sgiove.)
As someone who backed SoB's Kickstarter and has yet to receive anything but the two base games, I'm a bit disappointed to hear that they are planning to start a new project. Don't get me wrong, I love that they are churning out new stuff. I just wish they took care of the people that helped get SoB off the ground first. A majority of the Kickstarter games I've backed have made sure that their backers got their inventory BEFORE making it available to the public. Flying Frog seems to think differently, and frankly I'm disappointed.

Hopefully they at least complete fulfilling the orders owed to their SoB backers before going full steam ahead on their next project.
08-15-2016, 10:45 AM
I've basically written off SoB as a loss. Not because it wasn't a good game, but just because I can't get anyone to play with me because it's just too big.
When you drop 500 bucks on a game it's hard to just give it up, but I'm going to drop it off at a friend's house and forget about it until my old group wants to play again. Considering it's been over a year and a half since we last played and adding shipping 1.5 to the bundle didn't intrigue them enough to want to continue the campaign, I don't know what else to do about it.

I held out on the hope that I would get another gaming group together but it's just not working out.

My favorite FFP game remains AToE and I dropped by the booth at gen con this year and didn't even see any AToE games except the Coast and the card game, which I didn't like.

Still a fan, but meh?
08-15-2016, 02:23 PM
I almost want to be a cheeky bastard and create a new ATOE Villian:
The Savage Old Beast (SoB).
'Sucks the air from the room': Any time 'Murder' comes up, take the top twenty cards off the Event deck and remove from game.
'There's more!': Minion roll 1-2. Place a token on three random locations. Any hero landing in that space must pay 2 ip and remove token to their character card. If they cannot pay, they are KOd. At they end of the game, the Hero with the largest pile of tokens can brag about it.
'The Frog is Mine!': if the villian wins, the players have to play one game of SoB before any other Flying Frog game may be played, excepting Dark Gothic.

(Cheeky, I know. But I sympathize with the Frog. Business is HARD. Else everyone would be doing it instead of complaining. I still hope for the Lost Colony.)