Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Validity of BoardGameGeek...
05-03-2013, 04:11 AM
RE: The Validity of BoardGameGeek...
Hmm, I honestly really only play LNoE from their game line. Ive been thinking of picking up IfOS since you can combine it with LNoE and a 3 faction game has been something Ive been wanting to try for awhile...but it all comes down to finding the right players to play and of course....money.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
i only own lnoe out of the list.. though have used BGG as a way to look at other games. I don't go so much by all the ratings.. but by what I see.. screen shots..e tc. comments can be helpfull as well.
05-06-2013, 07:18 PM
You've got it, soundguy. My main use of BGG are (A) BGG exclusives [there shouldn't be such a thing] and (B) looking at photos of the game as it's played. Staged shots never give the full feeling like just pictures of the game actually being played do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 07:32 PM
yep.. helps me decide if i want to spend my $$ on it. no good game stores near me.. so i order lots of stuff online. never know what will show up.. etc. seeing some screen shots can help make a go/no go decision. also some comments compairing it to other games may help as well.
06-26-2013, 04:19 AM
I found LNoE through BGG. it was the highest rated zombie game at the time. Regarding the validity of BGG, Overall ratings can be deceiving since haters will often rate games with a 1. The games you mentioned are very close in rating. So, I'd say they are all close in rating. But the number of votes clearly shows which is most popular. I look for people who rate games highly that I like, then I look at other games they rate high for new games to buy.
06-26-2013, 05:48 AM
I don't pay attention to the ratings as much on BGG. If I find a game I'm interested in, either from youtube, random surfing or through BGG itself, I will usually check the BGG page and look for related videos or scan the forums and see what kind of questions pop up under the rules and/or general forums. If the game has a high-ish rating on top of that, bonus.
06-26-2013, 12:31 PM
I like being able to see contents of the boxes..