Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forklift
07-27-2011, 03:46 PM
RE: Forklift
BTW if anyone has the desire to whip up a nice graphic for the scenario card of a badass forklift mowing down zombies, feel free :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
What I do is I give each vehicle for the heros to use one dot each or giving the zombies "toxic goo(2dotseach)" to counter balance. With the motorcycle discard a gascan to chart any six spaces not in a building starting from the motorcycle. Roll a d6 for every zombie the motorcycle passes on the same space. On the roll of 5, 6 the zombie is killed. For the Forklift and tractor I use the same method, but they only chart four spaces letting zombies they pass to be killed on the roll of 3+. The zombie goo is putting toxic waste on two spawning pits. Zombies players that spawn there can remove 1 zombie from the board when spawning a zombie in the toxic waste "pit" to place a goo counter underneath it. "Goo" zombies can "spit"(start a fight adjecant to a hero {like fence post}) and get another fight dice. I dont know wheather to give them the fight dice permanantly or just when spitting, up to you.
08-23-2011, 05:18 AM
We've been play testing this some more, and we found that the movement rules were waaay too hard if you got a building with 6 walls... It was brutal! (Stupid Zombie's Choice!) But since it should be possible to win even the worst case scenario, we are tweaking the rules a little bit to make movement a little more generous for the heros...
08-23-2011, 10:49 AM
(08-23-2011 05:18 AM)Magravan Wrote:  We've been play testing this some more, and we found that the movement rules were waaay too hard if you got a building with 6 walls... It was brutal! (Stupid Zombie's Choice!) But since it should be possible to win even the worst case scenario, we are tweaking the rules a little bit to make movement a little more generous for the heros...

Cool. Keep us posted of the developments!
08-23-2011, 03:15 PM
As a funny idea, I was thinking with the forklift could be used on a walmart run type of scenario. Your heroes are holed up in the manor house but they are running out of things like food, toilet paper and gas, so you must either send a forklift to pick up a full supply of certain items at the general store, supermarket, gas station, etc or 2 heroes must be sent and must grab armloads of the stuff (basically no fighting while holding them) to bring back the various household items to make it through your heroes' daily zombie filled lives.
08-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Put the statue in front of the road out of town. Heros need to get the forklift over to the statue and move it out of the way or demolish it to eascape. You can say you would need a couple of gascans to discard to move the forklift (slowly of course). The zombies need to destroy it by putting 5 armor counters on the forklift and having the zombies try and attack it. Once the armor counters are removed, the vehicle is destroyed. Just an idea.
08-26-2011, 03:46 AM
We ran it again on Tuesday (Magravan is in my group BTW). We used d6 as the forklift movement. Entering the forklift cost 1 MP instead of your whole move, but you still give up your whole move to move the forklift instead, so it was reasonable. Made it easier to crush zombies (4+ on a d6 now).

Jury is still out. The zombies won because we got a lot of kickass cards out. I forget the name of it but one of the cards was letting us draw a card every time a zombie won a fight, and since we got that early on, it let us draw a lot more cards than usual, which really screwed the humans over. Getting to take over the supermarket and fill it with zombies (we rolled Zombies' Choice for our random building) helped a great deal too. We won by overrunning the forklift with the sun tracker at about 13, by playing a card that let all zombies move two spaces instead of one that turn, which the humans didn't see coming. Suddenly there were about 10 or 12 zombies on the forklift, and goodnight Irene.

We'll likely run it again with the current tweaks and see how it goes. The zombies were unusually lucky that game so I don't want to draw any conclusions from it.
04-20-2014, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2014 02:18 PM by nichardo.)
It has been great reading through this thread. I am just getting around to making my own scenarios and incorporating the forklift. For a particular scenario involving the Safe and the Statue. Here are the rules I came up with for the forklift, some ideas of my own and some things added after reading this post. Thanks!

Forklift: 1-2 Heroes may be in the forklift. The forklift already has gas and keys. The Forklift is moved on a D3 movement roll. After the movement of the forklift roll a D6 on the roll of 1 the forklift is out of gas. The forklift can be filled up with gas when a hero who has Gas ends their turn in the same space as the forklift and discards Gas. The movement of the forklift counts toward the heroes move action. The heroes still take the remainder of their turn after the movement of the forklift is complete. If the heroes drive the forklift in the space with Zombies those Zombies are killed on the roll of 3+. If there are Zombies remaining in the space with the heroes in the forklift they still have to fight Zombies. The forklift can pick up and move the statue 1 space on roll of 3+, or carry the Safe, make an initial pick-up on 3+, and then set it down on the roll of 3+. The safe can only be opened after it is set down. The forklift is overrun if at any time there are 8 Zombies and no heroes in the same space as the forklift. The forklift can be repaired when a hero is in the same space as the forklift and discards Jeb The Grease Monkey, Welding Torch, Jeb's Lucky Wrench, or the Monkey Wrench.