Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fortune Hunters and Glory Hounds: Crimson Skies in FanG fan expansion
12-14-2021, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2021 05:06 AM by fenianb.)
Fortune Hunters and Glory Hounds: Crimson Skies in FanG fan expansion
I'm working on a fan expansion for Fortune and Glory based on Crimson SKies. I'm calling it Fortune Hunters and Glory Hounds. I'm creating two new Vile Organizations for it. The first is Sky Pirates who use airships and planes to terrorize, steal, and extort cities across the world. The second is Die Spinne, the evil fascist organization from Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. I plan to make use of the HeroClix version of the game as miniatures. I also found a 3d model of the Piranha, the Tesla weapon armed airplane from the video game. I'll note progress here and upload materials as I generate them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2021, 03:17 AM
RE: Fortune Hunters and Glory Hounds: Crimson Skies in FanG fan expansion
Interesting idea I'll be interested to see how you develop it.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-14-2021, 10:46 AM
:shocked face:
That sounds fun. I never finished the game way back when. I think I got my first XBox like 3 months before I got a 360 and just had too many games. I still have my Xbox though and think about picking a copy up everytime I pass it in the used electronics store near me.

Def share if you finish it!
12-14-2021, 04:35 PM
(12-14-2021 10:46 AM)Raynor Wrote:  :shocked face:
That sounds fun. I never finished the game way back when. I think I got my first XBox like 3 months before I got a 360 and just had too many games. I still have my Xbox though and think about picking a copy up everytime I pass it in the used electronics store near me.

You can download Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge in the Xbox store for under $10. It's fully backwards compatible. But the original Xbox network is no more so you can't do online PvP play, you can only do the solo game or LAN play.
12-15-2021, 02:47 PM
(12-14-2021 04:35 PM)fenianb Wrote:  
(12-14-2021 10:46 AM)Raynor Wrote:  :shocked face:

You can download Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge in the Xbox store for under $10. It's fully backwards compatible. But the original Xbox network is no more so you can't do online PvP play, you can only do the solo game or LAN play.
Thanks for the heads up.
01-09-2022, 12:01 AM
I mentioned some weeks ago I'm working on an adaption of Crimson Skies as an expansion of Fortune And Glory. My intent is not to exactly copy Crimson Skies into Fortune And Glory but rather to import some of the hallmark elements and generally expand on the aviation adventure motifs of the period and genre, drawing from other sources like Tales Of The Gold Monkey, Tailspin, High Road To China, etc.

I've ignored the balkanization of the United States that is one of the hallmarks of the CS world. I'm keeping the air militias and sky pirates gangs, as well as the fascist Die Spinne from High Road To Revenge as a Vile Organization. I'll be including some of the main characters from CS as Heroes, Villains, and Allies. There will be different rules for Sky Pirate Airship movement and Die Spinne Sturm Starker zeppelin movement. I'll be creating generic references for Sky Pirates and Die Spinne enemies for fighting.

I'm incorporating a variety of aviation and other topically themed content and material. Because flying elements are such a big part of this expansion I plan on including City/Common Item/Event cards to access Flight Schools which will permanently add the Pilot keyword to a Hero and will assist with Flying tests.

Here are some of the other elements I plan to add in one form or another and ideas I had for them. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions people might have regarding them.

Events or City Events
Airnapped - turn ends, draw random city card, lose Fortune (like City Event Shanghaied)
Air Mail - Event- used to deliver packages for you
Air Militia - place an Air Militia unit that protects a city from Sky Pirates
Air Race - City - Flying test for Flying test for Fortune and Glory
Air Raid! - sky pirate raid that interferes with using a city
High Stakes Poker - test for Fortune
Barnstorming - Event - If drawn in land space Flying test for Fortune and Glory
Airplane Rides - Event - D3 Fortune
Autogyro -
Bush Pilot - Ally - different Terrain markers - Adds +2 Adventure Dice during any Flying Test. +2 Move (only through Spaces with applicable Terrain icons, Loyalty 2
Clipper Service - China/Yankee/Southern - Event - +1 movement for every Gold spentonly to cross applicable area (Pacific Ocean/Atlantic Ocean/ Americas) discard after use

"Was That Always There?" - Event - Play Immediately- Image: plane flying over ruins - if the current Land or Sea Space has no Artifact/Adventure present draw and Artifact and Adventure and place a Temple at that location.

Gear/Common Items
Grapplng Hook
Personal Airship
Rocket Pack (reference already created material on BGG, why reinvent the wheel)
Skyhook - + to Flying test, discard after use
Watering Hole - (Immobile, Home City) (think the Monkey Bar from Tales/Gold Monkey) +1 Lore, +1 Cunning, Activate to either heal 2 wounds or get +2 Adventure Dice

Dangers/Cliffhangers
AA/Flak Gun fire
Bail Out
Dive Bomb
Flat Spin
Flame Out
Furball
Near Miss
Skyjacking
Strafe Attack
Test Flight
The Gorilla Of The Gas Bags - Improbable but true! https://ratmmjess.livejournal.com/226068.html
Pterodactyl Attack - Believe it or not! https://boingboing.net/2007/07/31/zeppel...rodac.html
[Image: zeppelin_stories_192906.jpg][Image: zeppelins.jpg]