Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fortune and Glory 2nd game underway with homebrew rules
04-27-2022, 02:56 PM
Fortune and Glory 2nd game underway with homebrew rules
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pXAPvuJuqeQ1hxEo6

So here is the pic of our second game that is underway. Generally I don't have a lot of time to game but it's great to have a hobby room no one goes into and everything, even several games going at a time, can be left set up without worrying about them being disturbed. (On a side note, my wife found our 1 and half year old son hiding in said "off limit" room the other day after he somehow got the locked stairway gate open, descended to a floor he has been in only once or twice, and went to the room with all the goodies out of 5 other rooms!)

Anyways, our second round has us adding in some rules we found online and some of our own. So far, fantastic. We are fighting against the Crimson Hand! But, we added in the tokens with villains and allies on them. These have to be flipped to get info to find an artifact. If a hero flips one and it is an ally, they gain the ally and make a 2D6, 5+ test. If successful, they get the info and a new artifact is drawn or if 4 are up, they randomly pick one. If a villain is on the token, they must fight them for 1 round before escaping unless they did more damage. If they did this and the villain is not from the faction they are playing against, they gain the info and do the same a per the ally without the 2d6 test. Now, we also made it that the villains must also do this and move across the board. If they encounter a villain from their faction, that villain joins them. If it is a villain from another faction, they do the same as a hero. If it is an ally, they make do the 2D6 roll and if they are not successful, the ally is killed and taken out of the game. It should be noted heroes and villains all start in random places and not in their home bases. But villains must take an artifact to a port to ship it to their base. This gives the heroes a thematic chance to defeat them and get it back which happened already.

Also, there is no KO. If a hero or a villain loses all their wounds, they die and are removed from the game. (Villains can be added again if there aren't enough since there are way more heroes to keep getting). But a failed cliffhanger is the loss of 1 wound and if a temple collapses, it is D6 wounds and you roll again to escape as you run through the falling debris to escape. We had this happen already as well and the hero has a nice tomb over his head. That was brutal as he was our best fighter/hunter with good gear. Oh well...

We also put the markets into play and they allow a hero in that space to either buy gear or items for 1 less off the price or they can draw 2 gear cards and choose one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: Fortune and Glory 2nd game underway with homebrew rules
I bought this game for my wife in August and we've played it a couple of times. We've bought the expansions too but we haven't added them yet. Thanks for sharing, you just inspired us to have a game at the weekend!Zombie17

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
04-29-2022, 10:16 PM
(04-28-2022 10:30 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I bought this game for my wife in August and we've played it a couple of times. We've bought the expansions too but we haven't added them yet. Thanks for sharing, you just inspired us to have a game at the weekend!Zombie17

Honestly, it's hard having so many good games in a house but a welcome cross to bear. With this and our Warhammer Adventure (ATOE mod), we are running both and have to choose which will it be on our limited gaming sessions. Damn you reality!

But I would definitely add the expansions. They made the game so much better and it was good already! But the additions of the homebrew parts really gave it a more, realistic, side to it, for lack of a better explanation.

Have fun playing this weekend. I will since our next session is this weekend as well.
05-21-2022, 10:58 PM
Looks like a fun game! That's a lot of interesting house rules.