Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Forum Information
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
RE: Forum Information
(02-08-2011 01:57 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Maybe we could have an official thread section, like the introductions, where people make their request publicly, to the entire community, as part of the acceptance proccess. The responses may be fun to watch.

I like that idea!!! Zombie17

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Sad that a rule like this had to be created, but I can understand it. Hell, if anyone immediately gained download access that's probably what I'd be doing right now, too.
02-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Sarky, had you considered adding a PayPal donation button? I chip in to BGG every year and I figure I'd have a few bob spare to send you as well. Not suggesting enforced payment, as that brings a mountain of copyright red tape, but having a 'Help keep the Zombies shambling' option to alleviate some of the financial burden.

I'm very grateful for forums like TZG and BGG, so I don't mind helping keep them running. I don't get out much, so you lot are the closest thing to a social life that I have... Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Talos, there is one up at the top. Leads to http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/donate.php
02-12-2011, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 05:55 AM by Sarku.)
Yeah... Up top... I was going to put Vegas-like lights up there, but I decided against it! Zombie17

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
02-12-2011, 12:48 PM
D'oh! How in the hell did I miss that... Now I'll make some use of it. Watchmen02
02-12-2011, 02:20 PM
LoL...I clicked it just to see what it did,as I have some odd $ on Gift Card balances,clicked pay thinking it would open
up my PP account & I could see if it would accept Gift Cards...forgetting that I had a regular credit card with PP so
wam I donated.Good thing Sarku had the default set at $10 .

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-11-2011, 05:53 PM
(02-12-2011 02:20 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  LoL...I clicked it just to see what it did,as I have some odd $ on Gift Card balances,clicked pay thinking it would open
up my PP account & I could see if it would accept Gift Cards...forgetting that I had a regular credit card with PP so
wam I donated.Good thing Sarku had the default set at $10 .

OD

I should have upped it to $1,000!!! My loss... Insane19

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
05-09-2014, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 02:22 PM by aprillo.)
Wow this was an eyeopener! I read this... Post? Thread? I'm not sure what to call it because I'm new to forums. I've never cared much for time spent on the computer. I seldom check my FB, I don't have twitter. I've always preferred talking to people in person and having face to face interaction so this and BGG are the first two forum sites I've ever joined and both are pretty recent.

Anyways besides the point. I read this thing because I was feeling bummed about not having full access yet, despite the fact that I haven't been here long, you know when it comes to the internet most people expect instant results. I thought maybe it would have an answer as to how I could gain outside of donating (and it's not that I wouldn't want to, it's just I'm kind of out of a job right now so it's tough). I didn't find anything I didn't already know, just confirmed that other than waiting and perhaps proving my commitment to the site more.

But in the replies to the original... I'm gonna go with post just so I'm not interrupted every time I mention it. So in the replies to the post I did find a revaluation.

See at first I felt rejected, like I was dreamed not good enough, and I got this notion in my head (no offence great worm and the like, I realize my error now) that you guys were a bunch of elitists. And kind of jerks. And I was mad.

But after reading this conversation I see it. I felt the hurt you guys felt and the cheapness and the annoyance when ppl would register, download on mass and never revisit. And that is awful and unfair. Especially when this site has no fee and no adds. Such sites barely exist anymore.

Truth be told, if I had access immediately, without having to post on the morgue a request, and without having to actually check out the site at all, I can't say with any certainty that I'd have returned to share what I made with the templates. I know I'd have wanted to, because this type of site is tenuous and kind of beautiful in its own way. Like in terms of what it does for gamers/zombie fans. But I might not have favorited the site, so I may not have known where to go to share my creations. And even if I did. I still wouldn't have read anything and immersed myself in the community at all.

Sarku really does know best.

So I'd like to apologize for the thoughts I harboured for this community. And I'd like to say that if you need me to wait a little longer... I will gladly. There's lots of cool stuff on here anyway. And I know that thanks to you Great Sarku, you forced me to check some of the threads out. Thank you

Sorry that should say genius, not tenuous. Auto correct >:0

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
05-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Well said and I completely agree that most who come here vanish within moments due to to it's not just a snatch and grab site. Those who stay will be rewarded with gaming greatness and be part of a really worthwhile internet community. The likes of which I've never found. I thought this when I signed up. I still do. Welcome aboard. I'm sure as soon as Sarku sees this you'll be good to go.

Thanks for sharing your thoughtsWatchmen02