Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fright Rags - Horror Tshirts
08-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Fright Rags - Horror Tshirts
Anyone ever shop with fright rags. They recently released a Sleepaway Camp 3 tshirt and I jumped all over it. Couldnt be happier with its quaity and the amazing designs. After browsing their site more in depth they have some really cool zombie shirts and other horror movie stuff. Being a bit of a cheesy horror movie fanatic I fell in love with several shirts. I missed out on another one of their newer releases featuring the horror movie maniacs from the movie Summer School, Chainsaw and Dave...I am a big guy and didnt order it before the 5x shirts sold out. Anyway, they have a pretty awesome return of the living dead shirt that they are about to reprint and can even be ordered on a hoodie for those in the colder climates. they have a limited edition Dawn of the Dead shirt that is awesome too and a few other cool things like a Revenge of the Nerds zombie shirt, and a Return of the Jedi zombie shirt.

Here is the site

http://www.fright-rags.com/

After perusing many other horror tshirt sites I found a couple cool things but nothing compares to the awesomeness I saw at fright rags.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 06:59 PM
RE: Fright Rags - Horror Tshirts
That Chainsaw and Dave shirt is really cool. I only ever saw Summer School once; I really should see it again.

Check out the Brain Dead Shirt with the Lawnmower on it! If I get one, it will be that one, but they are a bit pricey for me. Odd there are no Friday the 13th shirts. I love me some Jason. Maybe in the vintage section when it re-opens.
08-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I have used this company for quite some time and amazed at their quality prints. The only thing that would be a drawback is the price(s). T shirts start at 22.00 and if you want a limited its about 27 bucks. I order shirts when I hear about sales. I usually run through Threadless.com or even 6dollarshirts.com
08-06-2012, 05:54 AM
im used to paying 20.-30. for a tshirt in my size so the pricing for me wasnt a problem. There is one jason shirt I think in the graveyard section and will likely get a reprint someday...its the WWJD with the J being a hockey mask
08-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone -

As you can tell, I'm new here and I just happened to see that you were talking about Fright-Rags so I thought I'd chime in. First off, thanks for the mention and I really appreciate that you guys are digging some of our recent shirts, especially the zombie ones.

(08-05-2012 10:22 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  I have used this company for quite some time and amazed at their quality prints. The only thing that would be a drawback is the price(s). T shirts start at 22.00 and if you want a limited its about 27 bucks. I order shirts when I hear about sales. I usually run through Threadless.com or even 6dollarshirts.com

I totally get your concern phantomninja, and while I'm not hear to debate your opinion at all, I would like the opportunity to explain the reason why are prices are higher than other shops. To be completely honest, it is the result of many different factors. You had mentioned that you are amazed by our prints, and to achieve that level of detail, we do pay more for it. In fact many of our designs require 7-9 colors just to replicate the image accurately. I could probably ramble on ad nauseum about how licensing costs, design commissions, quality of the shirts we print on, and even our limited print runs add to the cost of our shirts. However, it's about more than that. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible customer experience and we treat all of our customers like friends and family. Could we lower prices? Probably. But then we would not be able to sustain the level of service and quality we have built our reputation on.

I'll be the first to tell you that we aren't out there to cater to everyone. Even in the horror genre, there are many different types of fans. We aim for the higher-end market, and our quality and prices reflect that based on everything I mentioned above. That said, there are plenty of lower-priced options out there, so hopefully you can still find what you're looking for. Or, like you said, you can hit us up when there is a sale Watchmen02

Anyway, sorry to drone on, but I just wanted to explain our side of things regarding the price of our shirts.

(08-06-2012 05:54 AM)jimbal Wrote:  im used to paying 20.-30. for a tshirt in my size so the pricing for me wasnt a problem. There is one jason shirt I think in the graveyard section and will likely get a reprint someday...its the WWJD with the J being a hockey mask

Yup, that one will definitely be back at some point!

Thanks again!

Ben Scrivens
FRIGHT-RAGS
President
08-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I find this very strange...its like I have been haunted by the president of fright rags. Anyway, Ben, after placing my order and then remembering where I had heard of fright rags before it was on the LBp movie Terror at Bloodfart Lake...was that you in the flick. Thats one of the ones I donated a little scratch too when they were trying to gather the budget. You an see my Screenname in the opening credits.
08-07-2012, 01:05 AM
(08-06-2012 07:40 PM)jimbal Wrote:  I find this very strange...its like I have been haunted by the president of fright rags. Anyway, Ben, after placing my order and then remembering where I had heard of fright rags before it was on the LBp movie Terror at Bloodfart Lake...was that you in the flick. Thats one of the ones I donated a little scratch too when they were trying to gather the budget. You an see my Screenname in the opening credits.

BOO! Watchmen02 No, that wasn't me in the film but a guy who played me. Actually, I do have a cameo in the sequel where I get to act with him. It's pretty hilarious. Chris Seaver is a friend of mine and we live in the same town. I was pretty honored when he made up a character based around me...even though I've never gotten to do all the cool stuff he does in that film!
08-07-2012, 03:37 AM
That is awesome. I havent seen the sequel yet but have been awaiting its release since I heard about it. I am one of the rare people around here who even know what a chris seaver is much less have watched any of his flicks. I love his stuff though, and really digging the designs you have and anytime I'm clothes shopping my first stop will likely be fright rags...so look forward to makin some more sales my way. Aside from that I have been bragging to everyone who will listen about my awesome sleepaway camp 3 shirt, I will start making sure I tell people where it came from.

So, do you play any of the flying frog games like last night on earth...if not you should definitely check it out if you are any kind of horror fan. We always have a blast when Last Night on Earth is in play.
08-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Awesome, fright rags here on the board. I've been your mailing list for quite some time now Watchmen02
Love the designs and the price for a shirt is reasonable compared to what you get. I am in the graphic industry too so I know what multicoloured silkscreen designs can cost ya Zombie03

The only reason I haven't ordered much is the shippingcost. It gets quite high to ship to Belgium unfortunatly.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2012, 05:32 PM
(08-07-2012 03:37 AM)jimbal Wrote:  That is awesome. I havent seen the sequel yet but have been awaiting its release since I heard about it. I am one of the rare people around here who even know what a chris seaver is much less have watched any of his flicks. I love his stuff though, and really digging the designs you have and anytime I'm clothes shopping my first stop will likely be fright rags...so look forward to makin some more sales my way. Aside from that I have been bragging to everyone who will listen about my awesome sleepaway camp 3 shirt, I will start making sure I tell people where it came from.

So, do you play any of the flying frog games like last night on earth...if not you should definitely check it out if you are any kind of horror fan. We always have a blast when Last Night on Earth is in play.

You should check out the sequel...it's completely ridiculous (in typical LBP fashion!). Thank you for spreading the word on the shirts...I really appreciate it! To be honest, I haven't tried Last Night on Earth...I need to get it as it looks really cool!

(08-07-2012 06:16 AM)Emp Wrote:  Awesome, fright rags here on the board. I've been your mailing list for quite some time now Watchmen02
Love the designs and the price for a shirt is reasonable compared to what you get. I am in the graphic industry too so I know what multicoloured silkscreen designs can cost ya Zombie03

The only reason I haven't ordered much is the shippingcost. It gets quite high to ship to Belgium unfortunatly.

Thanks man Watchmen02 And yeah, international shipping prices are always a deterrent, so I understand completely. It's one of the reasons why we still use USPS because it's the least expensive, but it still adds up.