Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fury of Dracula
11-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Fury of Dracula
Has anyone had a chance to play this game yet (it's fairly new)? I am interested, but am still on the fence about buying.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: Fury of Dracula
I haven't played the new edition that just came out, but the previous edition was one of my favorite games. It really required a full table of 5 to play properly though. I don't know if that changed in the new edition.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I played the previous version too and really enjoyed it. It's good fun trying to track him down across the world. Let us know what you think of the new version (I didn't even know there was a new version)Zombie20
11-05-2015, 11:27 PM
I had the 2nd FFG edition but never had enough players to do it right.
I had an Estate Sale this summer & had a lot of my Games that weren't
getting table were included. Very few sold but FoD was one.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-06-2015, 03:16 AM
Yeah, the game just popped up in my local game store and since Ravenloft was looking for a new vampire game. I checked out some videos on youtube and a review or two. So I think it will be my next buy. Here is the official video from FFG if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMQvNr1b0WM
11-25-2015, 09:20 AM
I have the new version but have never played the older editions,
They have now added a train ticket mechanic instead of dice rolls for train travel, updated and improved the combat and gotten rid of the Dracula teleport card which I understand could be a bit over powered. Production values are good, my only minor gripe would be thicker card stock for the charactyer cards.
11-25-2015, 03:27 PM
(11-25-2015 09:20 AM)Sarge Wrote:  I have the new version but have never played the older editions,
They have now added a train ticket mechanic instead of dice rolls for train travel, updated and improved the combat and gotten rid of the Dracula teleport card which I understand could be a bit over powered. Production values are good, my only minor gripe would be thicker card stock for the charactyer cards.

Thanks for the info Sarge, At the moment it's a toss up between this or the new Ghostbusters game. I am going to a demo on Sat to play the Ghostbusters so we will see then.
11-25-2015, 09:05 PM
(11-25-2015 03:27 PM)FuManJew Wrote:  
(11-25-2015 09:20 AM)Sarge Wrote:  I have the new version but have never played the older editions,

Thanks for the info Sarge, At the moment it's a toss up between this or the new Ghostbusters game. I am going to a demo on Sat to play the Ghostbusters so we will see then.

I have looked at the components for ghostbusters, they do look good...maybe treat yourself to both, it is nearly Christmas Watchmen02
11-29-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm a sucker for Gothic-themed games and recently got FoD 3rd edition. Really enjoying it but regular visits to BGG for rules clarifiaction is a must.