Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GBII-StayPuff Alert
03-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Exclamation GBII-StayPuff Alert
Sony and Cryptozoic Team up for Second Ghostbusters Board Game
Sony and Cryptozoic Announce Upcoming Kickstarter Campaign for Ghostbusters II: The Board Game

Lake Forest, CA – March 11, 2016 – Guess who’s coming to save the world again? Cryptozoic Entertainment, leading creator of board games and collectible cards, and Sony Pictures Consumer Products are proud to announce the upcoming April launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Ghostbusters: The Board Game II!

Following on the heels of last year’s successful Kickstarter campaign and retail release of Ghostbusters: The Board Game, the second game in the series ups the ante with lots of new game elements, including Slime Blower Pack Ghostbusters, Ooze entities that can split apart and join back together, allies, new equipment like Ecto Goggles and Portal Destabilizers, and much more!

The game features an original story by Ghostbusters comics writer Erik Burnham that has the Ghostbusters investigating mood slime that has flooded the city, creating earthquakes and riots in another attempt to bring Vigo and his minions back. In line with the story, the map tiles in the game depict buildings destroyed by earthquakes and fires, as well as collapsed streets that expose sewers infested with slime, tunnels with derailed subway cars, and ghost trains. The impressive new figures are based on designs by Ghostbusters comic book artist Dan Schoening.

The Ghostbusters are back for more! Keep an eye out for the April launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Ghostbusters: The Board Game II!

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2016, 04:58 PM
RE: GBII-StayPuff Alert
I didn't get in the first campaign but just reading through some of the comments in response to this announcement maybe I'm one of the lucky ones? Was the KS experience and resulting game as bad as they say?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
03-15-2016, 12:15 AM
(03-14-2016 04:58 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  I didn't get in the first campaign but just reading through some of the comments in response to this announcement maybe I'm one of the lucky ones? Was the KS experience and resulting game as bad as they say?

I didn't either but the comments from our members were positive.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...board-game

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-18-2016, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2016 06:56 PM by StayPuft.)
From what I have been able to find, the feedback on BoardGameGeek seems to be mostly positive. I hadn't gone back to the KickStarter to see what people were saying there, but mostly people seemed to have nothing but good things to say on BGG.

.....Sadly, the same cannot be said for my group. My group HATED it. I posted on the other thread about this game after our first play. I enjoyed it, but did have some minor complaints. I thought my team felt the same.... but then we played it once more.

I don't know if we are doing something wrong, or if the game is just broken, but we had a horrible experience. We had several members basically wind up spending the majority of the game getting to do NOTHING because they'd constantly get slimed. They'd get slimed, spend their entire next turn just to remove one slime, then wind up getting slimed again (within that turn, so before they had been able to do anything) and have to repeat the whole process.

Needless to say, I am really heart-broken because I LOVE Ghostbusters and wanted to love this game.

But.... I guess it MUST be something MY GROUP is doing wrong, and not actually the fault of the game itself. Because I went to BGG looking for help/suggestions/house rules and NOBODY had the same complaints. Still, it's too late anyway. I can tell my group is never going to want to play it again, so it isn't like I'll ever get to experiment to see if maybe we were just playing poorly.

As it is, I'll be backing the second game anyway just because I am a collector and because I am such a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. But.... I doubt it will ever see my group's table. :-(