Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GODZILLA.. THE KING HAS RETURNED!
06-07-2014, 09:06 PM
RE: GODZILLA.. THE KING HAS RETURNED!
and a good guy no less!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 05:00 AM
(06-07-2014 09:06 PM)soundguy Wrote:  and a good guy no less!

*MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD*

G has flip-flopped over the years from all out antagonist to anti-hero, full on superhero & back again.

It seemed in my first viewing that he was in full on "good guy" mode (diving under boats, minimizing property damage, etc) which concerned me a little.

On subsequent viewings, I noticed that really these seemingly benevolent actions were really somewhat accidental. He bore us no ill will...honestly he really didn't show us much regard at all. His primary focus was on destroying his ancient enemies, the so called "Mutos".

I thought they did a pretty clever job of keeping the audience on his side & portraying him in a "positive" light, though he really wasn't acting in the superhero mode of the late 70's. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-09-2014, 01:25 PM
anything that big walking around is gonna do prop damge. good guy or not. Watchmen02
06-09-2014, 10:18 PM
(06-09-2014 01:25 PM)soundguy Wrote:  anything that big walking around is gonna do prop damge. good guy or not. Watchmen02

Oh sure. I just noticed that there were a few shots where it looked like he was going out of his way to avoid it (like diving under the battleships instead of plowing right through them).

On second viewing it seemed much more like fortunate coincidence than a deliberate act on his part, but I felt like the filmmakers framed those shots purposely so that they could be construed either way, and to convey his "hero" status without any overt displays.

I thought it was pretty deftly handled overall. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-10-2014, 01:36 PM
i figure he just didn't want to 'bonk' into the ship and bruise them nice spines on his back. Zombie03
07-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Im an avid godzilla fan and I loved it
07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
wasn't bad. a lil too superheroish in some ways.. but true to the original.