Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Days 2013-Tichu Tourny-First Spark Demo
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Game Days 2013-Tichu Tourny-First Spark Demo
Greeting and Salutations. Thankz to the great and all powerful Sarku, for allowing me to post here.

GAMES CLUB OF MARYLAND
PRESENTS GAME DAYS
May 2nd - May 5th, 2013
Holiday Inn
9615 Deereco Road
Timonium, Maryland 21093
An Open Gaming Event
Have Fun, Learn, Share, Grow, Play

PDF version of flyer

When: Thursday, May 2nd at 10AM through Sunday, May 5th at 6:00 PM
Over eighty (80) hours of available open gaming time!

What: Four days of open gaming. Open to the public. Have fun, learn, bond, make friends and compete with the best group of gamers around. The camaraderie is great! The convention known for learning new games by experienced Game Masters.

Featuring: Open Gaming. Game Days Game Library, Demonstrations, Silent Auction, Math Trade, Vendors Sales. GCOM Logo Products. GCOM Annual Open Hobby Discussion. No snacks will be provided by GCOM this year.

Pre-registration: Sign up on-line with PayPal
Deadline: Friday, April 19th, 2013.
All Four days $40. Any one day $15.
GCOM Supporting Members: All Four days $35. Any one day $10.

Registration at the Door: •Four Days: $50, Three Days: $40, Two Days: $30, One Day: $20. Sunday Only Special: $10.

•GCOM Supporting Members: Four Days: $45, Three Days: $35, Two Days: $25, One Day: $15.
•Seventeen and under: $5 per day. Must be accompanied by a paying adult.

On Site Lodging Info: Holiday Inn, 9615 Deereco Road, Timonium, MD. 21093. 1-800-235-3297, 410-560-1000, Off I-83 Exit 17, Padonia Road. The Holiday Inn is a half-mile walk from the Light Rail connection to BWI Airport. BWI Airport Shuttle available. Rooms include two queen beds OR one king. A special rate of $99 per night has been obtained for Game Days attendees. Please mention "Game Days" to obtain this special rate and to add to our total room counts. Room Reservations must be received by Thursday, April 12th, 2012. Regular room rates rate $129. Hoilday Inn Timonium website: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en...start=null

Contact Information: Michele Mazzola: Director gcom.gamedays@gmail.com / 410-739-1987
Michelle Hymowitz michelle@lactose.homelinux.net

RECENTLY ADDED

Tichu Tournament
Times:
•Friday Start 7pm. Friday End: 12 midnight
•Saturday Start: 10am. Saturday End: 12 midnight.
•Semi Finals, Sunday*: 9 am
•Finals, Sunday: Following 30 minutes after the end of the semi-finals.
Event Registration
A.Sign up 2 person Team.
B.Individual sign up. Will be placed with a team mate on site.
1.In advance via e-mail.
2.On site prior to tournament play.
Latest on site entry. Saturday 3 pm.
Format

Teams must report to GM to get placed in a game.
Open rounds every 90 to 120 minutes.
Maximum number of rounds/games: Friday: Three. Saturday: Ten.
The top Four teams with the most wins, will advance to the semi final.
Total team game scoring will be used in the case of a tiebreaker.

Semifinal

The four winning teams will play three games in a round robin format.

Team will be paired as follows:

1.Team A & Team B. Team C & D.
2.A & C, B & D.
3.A & D, B & C.
The top two teams from the Semi will advance to the final.
Paperwork provided and required.

1.Sign up Sheet : Names and Badge numbers
2.Game Score Sheet:
3.Overall Win Loss Record.
Prizes
To be provided and determined by Canton Games and Games Club of Maryland

Demos
Demo times will be posted here once requirements are completed and information is confirmed.

Power Grid: First Sparks
Publisher: Rio Grande Games
Game Play time: 1-2 hours.
Number of players: 2-6
Websites: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...rst-sparks
GM: Kristina Lynch - aka Princess Jacquelyn Von Necropolis
Demo date and time: Saturday, April 24th, 11am
Description: n 2001, 2F-Spiele published the original Funkenschlag.In 2011, it is time to look back...a long time back! To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the original Funkenschlag, designer Friedemann Friese will take you back in time and let you relive the early beginnings of mankind. True to the name of the German edition (a literal translation of which is "Flying Sparks"), it is time for Funkenschlag: Die ersten Funken, or "The First Sparks".The First Sparks transports the Funkenschlag mechanisms into the Stone Age. The order of phases during a game round, the player order, the technology cards: you know all these parts from "Funkenschlag". But what is new? What is different?The First Sparks is much faster and far more direct. You are immediately part of the action. Each turn, each decision is important. As a clan leader you decide on the well-being of your clan during the Stone Age. You need to develop new hunting technologies and get new knowledge - to successfully hunt food or to learn to control fire. With the help of these skills, you will harvest enough food to feed your clan and spread it far enough to reach new hunting areas.In a game of The First Sparks you are always confronted with many decisions: Which technology cards offer you the biggest advantages? When is the right time to spread your clan on the game board? Which hunting areas will grant the most food? Reaching new hunting areas or trying to secure parts of the game board for your own clan are important factors for your strategy. Empty spaces are cheaper for you to settle compared to spaces in which other clans are already settled. If you are the first to increase your clan size to 13 clan members, you win The First Sparks.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2013, 03:07 AM
RE: Game Days 2013-Tichu Tourny-First Spark Demo
Get involved people!

Thanks for the heads up pjon
03-28-2013, 06:34 AM
This sounds awesome, you need to come out to Vegas and set up something like this. Local shops set stuff up and dont advertise except to their regulars, no flyers no social boards, just their damn gaming Illuminati.. Question though, are you in the biz, cause this post is on point. I have zero questions about whats going on after reading this.. Watchmen02

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Friskers96, Im just an avid gamer. My game group is more on point than i am :p

Here is a link to all the other Game Cons out group has found, go to, support or have met others in the circuit.

http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/Conventions.asp

Sorry, i didnt see any in LV.

Could always start something Watchmen02

Hugz

03-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Princess,good to see you posting again.As always your Game Group makes me envenious.

OD

"Sleep well,and stay where I put you"
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
(03-31-2013 05:46 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Princess,good to see you posting again.As always your Game Group makes me envenious.

OD

You ain't that far Old Man. You have plenty of time to shamble on down. As always, im willing to offer couch/floor space. If you want more, you gotta do more :P

04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
(04-01-2013 02:52 PM)PJON Wrote:  You ain't that far Old Man. You have plenty of time to shamble on down. As always, im willing to offer couch/floor space. If you want more, you gotta do more :P

I have a good group of friends in San Diego that let me couch surf from time to time. Sore necks and flat beer in the morning, I miss the single life..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
The Time is NOW !!!

05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Con Report

Hi, well it was another awesome time at Game Days. Over 150 people showed up.

Worst Part;
That was some problems with the Tichu tourney. Some people entered as a paired team, others signed up as solo seeking a partner. The problem came when half a team didnt stay, was busy in other games, etc... The solo peeps (me) got assigned to 3 different partners. When to rules clearly stated, you may only change partners once.

All and all things went well.

I had a full table for the First Spark demo. Yes, i did not do well in the Tichu tourny 1/2. I didnt join the TTR Asia tourney, im not a fan of it. I won at Power Grid, and I lost at Power Grid, but got to play it twice, so I win any way. Learned how to play Ztolkin, the Mayan calender game. I also learned a couple of other games, cant recall their names.

Best Part;
So one of my gaming buddies ( who introduced me to LNOE ) is mainly a pirate fan. We played the longest game ever of Merchants and Mauraders, we started around 1:30pm and ended around 6pm. We had 2 newbies with us. I had to stop at 3pm for my Demo, so it really wasnt that long. About two and half to three hours actually. Yet, it seemed longer. My pirate buddy kept losing or needing new ships and captains. He eventually went merchant. I won by attacking and sinking anything near me. Like a pirate should, i told him.

I meet a bunch of new people, from all over the area. Played games almost around the clock. The only thing i miised was seeing you there Watchmen01

I also picked up Village and the only Power Grid map i did not own, Russia/Japan.

EuroQuest in November, start Planning.

05-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Sounds epic! I didn't realise you were a swashbuckler too!