Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SotF thoughts on Barricades
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
SotF thoughts on Barricades
Hi,

Played a bit SotF and been looking at the barricades. Lots of fun and great for heroes. While safe for a while, when you surround a building with your zombie horde it makes heroes sweat Zombie17

Just wondering if adding barricades to some of the "old scenarios" wouldn't imply reduce the number of casualties needed for zombies to win by 1.
Could be a Dot rule costing the same as Barricades.
As most of the new scenarios only need 3 heroes dead.

And which scenarios shouldn't use barricades rules to keep the balance?

Obviously I wouldn't allow barricades on defend the manor house, this scenario must be the nightmare of all heroes Zombie17 (maybe I should test anyway)

cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2010, 08:40 AM
RE: SotF thoughts on Barricades
I like putting barricades around buildings that spawn zombies, since the zombies need to climb out. The Barn is great in that respect.
03-26-2010, 01:39 PM
We tried adding barricades to the scenario in HP1. It didn't make any difference.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2016, 02:30 PM
I added barricades and Manor Deck (10) to Defend the Manor House. It sounded like these Special Rules were made for this scenario. To offset the Hero advantage I used the dot system and added Zombie Horde (21).

This did not work out as I hoped. During Sun Track 12 zombies played "Dance of the dead" & Shamble. Those cards with some good rolls against the two barricades got 10 zombies into the manor including one Zombie hero. Was this just bad luck for the Heroes?

To find out I had to try this same setup again. The second time the Zombies won on Sun Track 13. The heroes were only able to kill 2 zombies before 9 got into the manor.

Has anyone else tried something similar to this? What were your results?

Do you find the dot system to be balanced?

I think having Zombie Horde (21) in the Defend the Manor House scenario is a guaranteed lose for the heroes. Please let me know your thoughts.