Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games for Xmas?
12-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Games for Xmas?
Did anyone get any new games for Xmas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Games for Xmas?
I got Eldritch Horror, and so far I have really enjoyed it. I have played 4 games so far, and won 1.
12-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Hold the Line arrived and Blood in the Forest was a christmas present. I'm waiting for when it arrives now. (climbs into a cryonics
tube)
12-27-2013, 07:55 PM
I got the Last Night On Earth: Survival of the Fittest expansion. I also got the Zombies with Grave Weapons miniatures set to go with it. Plus, I got Hero Pack 1 for A Touch of Evil.

But, as far as actual games, I did get Sentinels of the Multiverse. My gaming group got a chance to play that once, but the guy who brought it only showed up the first couple times, and then we never saw him again.

It isn't zombies or horror related at all, sadly. LOL! But it was actually a lot of fun. It is a card game. All players are on a team together as the super heroes. You are working together to face the super villain and his/her minions, who are all controlled by the game mechanic. Nobody plays as the villain. Each hero has their own powers, items, and stuff like that. It is a lot of fun, and tends to be somewhat quicker than games like LNOE, so it should give us something to play between games. :-)
12-28-2013, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2013 01:01 AM by ForestRunner.)
I scored a couple of wargames... I'm happier than a pig in sh#t.

Field Commander: Rommel - solo wargame by DVG. Mounted maps and all.
My first wargame specifically designed for solo play.

Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815 - block wargame by Columbia Games. 4th edition of the publication with stunning mounted map. Have the 3rd edition, but 4th edition absolutely smashes it both in appearance and ruleset. My umpteenth block game!!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-28-2013, 01:05 AM
all things zombie, zpocalypse, zombie road trip, aliens vs zombies.

I plan to play one of those on sunday with my game group. think it will be ATZ or ZPOC.. though ZRT may be ok. ZVA is 2 player..e tc
12-28-2013, 03:42 AM
(12-27-2013 04:41 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hold the Line arrived and Blood in the Forest was a christmas present. I'm waiting for when it arrives now. (climbs into a cryonics
tube)

I as well got hold the line and blood in the forest, I got mice and mystics: heart of glorm and flashpoint: urban structures expansion. I really wanted to also get takenoko though so I may have to treat myself to that one.
12-28-2013, 10:24 AM
No games for xmas but I got some money so that is likely to go on games when I can decide what to get Watchmen02
12-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Well SoB was really my Christmas Game but I did get a surprise bonus at work so I ordered BattleLore2
from CSI on the 20th but fedex has had it in Lewisberry PA since 3PM Christmas Eve & it hasn't moved since.

I'm just hoping it makes it by New Years Eve.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Wife got me me growing hunger, timber peak, and blood in the forest expansions to add to my base LNOE and SotF. Also got Elder Sign, I've only played one game of that so far but I enjoyed it! Already primed all my new heroes and the red zombie pool...