Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games for Xmas?
12-28-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Games for Xmas?
i have some stuff comming from maine and i hear they were still snowed in as of yesterday. bummer!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2013, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2013 12:42 PM by jimbal.)
between me and my brother we got cards against humanity a copy of pirate flux x and Red Dragon Inn, I really like the pirate version of fluxx and we had a blast playing red dragon inn, which I won!
12-29-2013, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 12:25 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Well fedex has moved BL2....(.This Smart post thing is weird,but I guess it saves$)
North to Allentown PA. Then they drop it into the regular US Postal Service who
send to all the way back to South Jersey.

So my delivery date is Jan 2nd but usually stuff arrives a couple of days
earlier so I'm hoping Dec 31 to give me some play time New Years Day.

OD

PS-Score one for USPS-they got it here Dec 30th

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-30-2013, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 01:20 AM by mqstout.)
The BF and I got ourselves: Small World (and all its expansions), the expansion for Mice and Mystics, King of Tokyo, and Agents of SMERSH. I also bought (super cheaply) the two expansions for the Star Trek deck building game, though I'll probably never play them.

January's going to be expensive as well: pre-ordering the next Magic set, and the ATOE DBG.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2013, 03:29 AM
(12-30-2013 01:18 AM)mqstout Wrote:  The BF and I got ourselves: Small World (and all its expansions), the expansion for Mice and Mystics, King of Tokyo, and Agents of SMERSH. I also bought (super cheaply) the two expansions for the Star Trek deck building game, though I'll probably never play them.

January's going to be expensive as well: pre-ordering the next Magic set, and the ATOE DBG.

Did you finish the main story for mice and mystics? How have you liked heart of glorm so far ?
12-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Alderdust, we haven't. I've played the first scenario... four times? None of the groups ever want to come back for campaign mode! I'll eventually find someone to do it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2013, 11:06 AM
I got the Pathfinder Card Game, Mice & Mystics and Prosperity. Three very different games, but they are all fun! Watchmen02
12-31-2013, 07:48 PM
OD.. best of luck ont hat order coming in.

I too have 2 orders comeing in.. but it will be the 2nd before i get them I think. Watchmen02
01-01-2014, 07:48 PM
(12-28-2013 12:54 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  I scored a couple of wargames... I'm happier than a pig in sh#t.

Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815 - block wargame by Columbia Games. 4th edition of the publication with stunning mounted map. Have the 3rd edition, but 4th edition absolutely smashes it both in appearance and ruleset. My umpteenth block game!!

I'm interested in this as I got the C&C:N Austrian expansion and love all their Napoleonic stuff. A Waterloo-specific board / wargame would be cool - would you recommend?
01-01-2014, 08:47 PM
(12-28-2013 10:24 AM)spirit Wrote:  No games for xmas but I got some money so that is likely to go on games when I can decide what to get Watchmen02

All sorted, ordered Level 7 [ESCAPE}, should be here in the next day or two. the reviews are mixed but from the videos I've seen it looks quite quirky Watchmen02