Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gasoline Explosion and Heroes
04-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Gasoline Explosion and Heroes
Hi guys, I'm new to the game and this forum. I'm having a blast with LNOE and will be rapidly picking up expansions and more content for the game.

I apologize right now if I missed this but what happens when a hero dies from a gasoline explosion. I know the rules say they are killed but do they come back as a zombie hero if using the advanced rules? Rationally I wouldn't think they come back at all but the rules simply state they return as a zombie hero if killed.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM
RE: Gasoline Explosion and Heroes
They come back as a Zombie Hero if your sunmarker is in the black zone.
04-13-2010, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2010 03:14 PM by mqstout.)
Aha, the difficult part of the rules. I recommend you REPEATEDLY reread the two pages about death of heroes. They'll come back as a zombie hero (and be replaced for the hero player -- both happen at the same time) under three conditions:

A: The sun track marker is towards the top in the black zone.
B: It is the last hero controlled by that player.
C: The game has "dot rules" that say Always Zombie Heroes/Heroes replenish.

Basically, because of B, if each player controls one and only one hero, ALL instances of a hero's death create a zombie hero and are replaced immediately by drawing a new hero. Under situations where one player controls multiple heroes, then oftentimes you'll be down a hero overall if one dies.

PS: Welcome to the forums, Maz!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM
mqstout Wrote:Aha, the difficult part of the rules. I recommend you REPEATEDLY reread the two pages about death of heroes. They'll come back as a zombie hero (and be replaced for the hero player -- both happen at the same time) under three conditions:

A: The sun track marker is towards the top in the black zone.
B: It is the last hero controlled by that player.
C: The game has "dot rules" that say Always Zombie Heroes/Heroes replenish.

Basically, because of B, if each player controls one and only one hero, ALL instances of a hero's death create a zombie hero and are replaced immediately by drawing a new hero. Under situations where one player controls multiple heroes, then oftentimes you'll be down a hero overall if one dies.

PS: Welcome to the forums, Maz!

Guys thanks very much for the clarification. I knew about the hero turning into a zombie hero if still in the black zone and if it was the players last hero. I would of played it right in this instance but I got out voted since it wasn't a zombie that caused the death thus initiation the transformation into a zombie hero. Watchmen02 So now I know regardless of the method of death they still come back as a zombie hero. Watchmen02

Thanks very much again for the clarification!
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
The cause of death is irrelevant. I've had plenty of games won because the heroes sacrificed themselves one too many times. (Remember, zombies always win after 4 heroes are dead.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user