Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gasoline chain reaction
02-16-2011, 07:51 PM
RE: Gasoline chain reaction
I agree that placing gas markers before you're ready to use them won't usually work. I almost wondered why they bothered with a marker at all...after all why would you place it and not blow it up immediately? It's not like the zombie player is going to let his zombies go anywhere near it.

But I hadn't thought of scenarios like Defend the Manor House, where they HAVE to go to a certain area to win. Also, now that I think about it, there might be other times you could draw them in, perhaps taking advantage of Zombie Hunger. It must be pretty satisfying if you actually get a plan like that to work!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2011, 08:18 PM
It would have been epic. Another good one is to douse the truck with gas early on. Just kidding. What a waste.Watchmen02
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
(02-16-2011 07:51 PM)Russ Wrote:  I agree that placing gas markers before you're ready to use them won't usually work. I almost wondered why they bothered with a marker at all...after all why would you place it and not blow it up immediately? It's not like the zombie player is going to let his zombies go anywhere near it.

While you may plan to use it immediately, doesn't mean that you are guaranteed to blow it up. Regardless of wether you are using a Fire item or a Gun, you still need to roll to hit, so there is a chance of missing. In the case that you miss, the marker is still there incase you can use it later on.

And yes, it is VERY satisfying when you can pull off an explosion that takes out many zombies Zombie17
04-04-2011, 01:54 PM
I agree that it would be fine to fill truck with gas in the early turns of the game.
But if it was impossable from any reason, i think it would be better to place the marker on board and don't lose gas to the discarded on Hero death.

Is it possible to pick Gas Marker up from the ground? Or gas is counted as spilled and couldn't be picked up?
04-04-2011, 06:51 PM
(04-04-2011 01:54 PM)Longbearder Wrote:  Is it possible to pick Gas Marker up from the ground? Or gas is counted as spilled and couldn't be picked up?

Once a marker is on the ground, it means the Gasoline was spilled. So I'd say no. Otherwise, it'd open a whole can of worms about dropping excessive Items to pick them up later.
04-22-2011, 02:42 PM
To the original topic of adjacent gas markers, had it happen on one occasion. As the zombie player, I allowed the 3+ chance the second one would ignite... was just a spontaneous decision based on real world plausibility. The player rolled a 1... tough luck eh Zombie24

I'm sure any gamer has made these kind of calls at some point or another.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...